TOO CLOSE

when are some of our fellow “professional” drivers going to stop trying to commit suicide by driving just a few feet from the vehicle in front while doing 56 mph ■■? It seems to be happening more and more, if I see it myself at least 5 or 6 times a day it must be epidemic nationwide…

Trukkertone:
when are some of our fellow “professional” drivers going to stop trying to commit suicide by driving just a few feet from the vehicle in front while doing 56 mph ■■? It seems to be happening more and more, if I see it myself at least 5 or 6 times a day it must be epidemic nationwide…

Unfortunately they will only stop doing it after they have an accident i suspect!!! :cry:

Its one of the things that pee me right off,happened to me last night he got right up to the back of me before pulling out into the middle lane ,the thing was there was no other traffic about so no need for it at all

I had a coach on the M1 near Tibshelf today move from lane 2 into lane 1 behind me (because lane 2 had started to slow down :unamused: ). he then proceeded to travel about 2 or 3 feet from the back of my trailer, (judging by the gap in the shadows on the road).

Lane 2 started moving again so he was out and passing me, well until his rear axle was level with the front of the trailer, he then pulled back into lane 1 causing me to brake and swerve onto hard shoulder to avoid a collision :unamused: …luckily nothing on hard shoulder . He then caught up with the truck in front and travelled about 3 foot from his rear until he went back to lane 2 causing a car to brake sharply.!

unfortunately it was a plain white coach with no livery or phone numbers.

Oh yeah and he had about 20 passengers on board including children :open_mouth:

toowise:
I had a coach on the M1 near Tibshelf today move from lane 2 into lane 1 behind me (because lane 2 had started to slow down :unamused: ). he then proceeded to travel about 2 or 3 feet from the back of my trailer, (judging by the gap in the shadows on the road).

Lane 2 started moving again so he was out and passing me, well until his rear axle was level with the front of the trailer, he then pulled back into lane 1 causing me to brake and swerve onto hard shoulder to avoid a collision :unamused: …luckily nothing on hard shoulder . He then caught up with the truck in front and travelled about 3 foot from his rear until he went back to lane 2 causing a car to brake sharply.!

Twunts like that do the rest of us no favours :unamused:

If one does it again look on the lower pansl somewhere behind the N/S/F wheel. The name and address of the owner will be there livery or not, it’s a legal requirement.

Yeah I know that but I was a little busy trying to avoid getting my mirrors broke, unfortunately I was running at about 43tonnes so he soon had a bit of a gap that I couldnt close.

Hopefully his passengers made a complaint at their destination :smiley:

I know most Coach drivers are professional but as you say this one was a complete muppet (or a muppet of a man :smiley: )

AndyH71:

toowise:

Twunts like that do the rest of us no favours :unamused:

If one does it again look on the lower pansl somewhere behind the N/S/F wheel. The name and address of the owner will be there livery or not, it’s a legal requirement.

Wont need to look for it, Mr Policeman will be getting his\her details after the crash they have just caused :unamused: Cos swerve into the hard shoulder i wont do, you never know what’s there

I could see the hard shoulder was clear otherwise I wouldnt have been on it :wink: . I would have let him hit me if there had been owt there.

How is it theres never a copper about when you need one :unamused:

Don’t sweat it. Worst that happens is they pile into the back of your trailer, you unhitch it and trundle off home.

Trukkertone:

Are you talking Tailgating here?
If so - and an accident occurs - no if’s or but’s - revoke the drivers vocational license - end of. :angry:

toowise:

I went one with a Double Floor Coach from National Express to Carlisle.
Costed £42.- retourn and i could sleep (normally)
But the one Time he was driving zigzag till i shouted down that i call the Rozzers if he is not imediatelly in Line with highway code regulation.Went well afterthen.Few month later one flipped over at Sliproad M4/M25 Just wonder if it was the same Driver

I always try & keep a safe distance but the gap I leave is obviously seen by some fellow professionals as an invite to pull in right in front of me! :angry:

redbob:
I always try & keep a safe distance but the gap I leave is obviously seen by some fellow professionals as an invite to pull in right in front of me! :angry:

+1
I back off now cause I know the old nose is probably going to get chopped off when being overtaken. Seems to be a favourite with royal mail rigids. It beggars belief on a 3 lane motorway thats quiet. :neutral_face:

Trukkertone:
when are some of our fellow “professional” drivers going to stop trying to commit suicide by driving just a few feet from the vehicle in front while doing 56 mph ■■?

Monday.

When they start thinking of the children. HTH.