Tony Bradfield

Remember Ricardo’s bar or the parrot bar as we called it in Leca de Palmeria in Matosinhos docks Porto Portugal.
Grant had a key to get free phone calls in Spain.The parrot bar had a phone with a pay meter.He made a fortune with the sailors off the ships phoning home.It was expensive to phone there.
Does Tony remember the British International office by the fire station next door.Peter Stainbridge or Jelly Legs.Ken Hughes tall ex Army lad.Mark and Barry Aldridge.Scouser John Povey.The animal or Stuart Smith killed on the way to Morroco.
The BI drivers that made out a thief had got in the cab and cut out the pockets of their trousers while they slept and getting more running money as had no funds to get back.
Strange how the bars with the ladies of the night a short walk away.
Irish Dave Brooker who spoke fluent Portuguese.
Bob Garnett and his Eurotrans business.Euro Psl and Freight Transfer.

Happy birthday from TC.Is that a bacardi in that coke.If it is have one on me. :smiley:

Its that time of the year again,Tony’s 82nd Birthday & still at it…On the Bilbao to Portsmouth boat as I write this…

Happy Birthday Uncle Tony…All the best mate…Keep on Trucking … :wink:

happy birthday to you tony have couple for me roadrage /steve/ :smiley:

Keep on trucking Tony, happy birthday son, I think I can say that for all who have had the pleasure of knowing you.

Ossie

Happy Birthday mate! Keep yer pecker up!
‘Little Robert’ :smiley:

Happy Birthday Tony from Tony ex Davies ( C789BPO ).
Saw you this morning northbound, either bottom of M3 or on the A34. ( can’t remember )
Have a Cubra Libra for me mate.

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Tony , steve ex westward commercials.

happy birthday Tony.Mick and Toni from Spain

I hear that Tony Bradfield’s hanging up his steering wheel and calling it a day, coming up to 83 and still running Morocco, had breakfast with him a few weeks ago and didn’t mention it, I sure Will, will be on here to give us the full story.

well if anyone deserves a 45min break its hot to trot lol hope hes well all the best m8 roadrage :smiley:

When I know any concrete news I will pass it on & be organising a BIG retirement party :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Tony has just phoned me from Morocco & yes I can confirm ,his words " Its my last trip ,tipping Hinkley,dropping trailer at Manchester,solo home get it MOT’d & sell it " So watch this space :unamused:

cant believe it will what a career and a gent known tony since i was 23 yrs old thru trucking . giv him my regards roadrage tks :smiley:

Good for him, now get that party organised Will, I’ll be there for sure

Had many a glass with Tony in Tangiers, on ferries, in hostals, Les Routiers etc. Good old boy - always up for a laugh. Good luck to him. I’ll raise a glass this evening… Robert :smiley:

Hang up those keys Tony, best regards from TC ex British International,Euro PSL, Freight Transfer,LV shipping,and Garnett Eurotrans owner driver.
I have booked the strippers for the retirement party and the Mayors daughter is coming.

Have a good long retirement Tony ,enjoyed travelling with you on the Etretrat when we were going back to Spain in January , I have a feeling you will be going to Morocco frequently by plane though .

Tony. Tiss the end of another era. Take care me old mate. I’ll lift a glass or two tonight to you.