Tonights top gear

best one ive seen, i really enjoyed that. ■■■■■■ world rally car circa 1970s versus new rs focus, audi quattro 80`s versus mitsubishi evo 8, gt40 versus noble gto. evo rally car versus the toboggan! and the bit where clarkson raced the other two to verbier wasnt bad either! schoolboy dreams or what :smiley:

was it just me or did the 70’s/80’s cars have a ■■■■ site more character especially that mk1 :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

simon

did nt watch it tonight but did Clarkson the smarmy ■■■■ come out top again like he always does against the other 2,just as he looks like he s gonna lose the challenge he pulls something out of the bag and makes the other 2 look like idiots :wink:

yep… he did! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Brilliant that, i agree :stuck_out_tongue:

Bet the Stig had fun in that F1 car too

Jeremy gets paid loads for being controversial. I think he is brilliant although he hates bikes :stuck_out_tongue:

But I bet if Honda or Suzuki paid him as much as Ferrari he would change his mind

I do like bits of it, but it does seem to consist of driving cars round the test track or childish bets between Clarkson and the team. It’s probally why my nephew loves it so much. It’s more for his age group probally shoudl be on before Blue Peter.
However Renault letting the Stig drive the F1 car make me wonder who the Stig is. No f1 team would let a driver lose in one of thier car unless they knew he could do the job. Even if Alonso is unavailable they still have thier test drivers who already know the car.

Rumor has it that Herr Stig is non other than Mr Damon Hill. Hence why Renault didn’t have a problem with who was driving.

SimonRS2K:
was it just me or did the 70’s/80’s cars have a ■■■■ site more character especially that mk1 :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

simon

Nah, it isn’t you Simon. Cars were built with company individuality back then :sunglasses: , not designed by computer.
They rusted in no time, but we made the most of them while they lasted. :laughing: :laughing:

according to the bbc website, The Stig is Perry Macarthur who is a friend of Damon Hill. He has tested for Williams, Bennetton and Arrows

http://f1rejects.com/drivers/mccarthy/

Wheel Nut:
according to the bbc website, The Stig is Perry Macarthur who is a friend of Damon Hill. He has tested for Williams, Bennetton and Arrows

I think Perry was the first Stig who they “killed off” by having him drive that stripped out Jag off the end of an aircraft carrier. Not sure who the current Stig is.

Paul

The story so far, according to a bloke who does some publicity for Renault Motorsport

Perry Macarthur was the original Stig but if he was busy racing elsewhere then Julien Bailey of BTCC fame stood in for him.

But, there is a chance the Stig is many people because of differing driving styles, which makes a lot more sense.

Some of them are arse out merchants while other cars are driven very smoothly through the corners.

Bet we could guess who was driving that F1 car for ever :open_mouth:

The race they had to Switzerland was pretty good :smiley: Anyone see Jeremy at the Nurburgring the other week??

Wheel Nut:
The story so far, according to a bloke who does some publicity for Renault Motorsport

Perry Macarthur was the original Stig but if he was busy racing elsewhere then Julien Bailey of BTCC fame stood in for him.

But, there is a chance the Stig is many people because of differing driving styles, which makes a lot more sense.

Some of them are arse out merchants while other cars are driven very smoothly through the corners.

Bet we could guess who was driving that F1 car for ever :open_mouth:

Yep I think the stig is more than one driver. Renault do have a driver development programme, so maybe he oe she came from that scheme.

So who was driving that F1? Damon Hill?

V8KARLV8:
The race they had to Switzerland was pretty good :smiley: Anyone see Jeremy at the Nurburgring the other week??

yes i saw that karl… the bit where the german bird thrashed the pants of him on the laptime was funny :laughing: :laughing: