Tonight M6 diversion - Crooklands j36

Sorry for this cant seem to find the info on this. Used to use traffic england but that site is terrible to use now.

I believe this part of M6 is closing tonight for two nights. Anyone aware of the diversion route for deckers and how long it adds to journey? Ive been told there are two routes but im guessing it will be signposted for high trucks?

Thanks

Off at jct 36 Into Kendal,out of Kendal upto jct 39.
I’m sure some local guys will give you more details of how to go on around Kendal itself.

Cheers buddy.

Should say its southbound i believe. They take you off at crooklands and ive no idea where they are bringing you back on.

Off at jct39 then into Kendal joining back at jct 36,there is a certain way that’s best to negotiate Kendal town itself but it’s been a while since I’ve been through,someone else will direct you better than me.
You may see signs sending traffic back to joining the M6 at jct 37 but ignore this as it’s terrible road upto jct 37 narrows,steep hills and bendy much better heading for jct 36.

just found this , but no mention of prescribed diversion route, not helpful im afraid , :cry: Looks like theres a solution opportunity for someone :unamused:

source : click :-

highways.gov.uk/traffic-info … roadworks/

then click :- #

assets.highways.gov.uk/traffic-i … dworks.txt

**************** New or Amended Record ****************
M6, ■■■■■■■ / Lancashire

Period: 09-Mar-2016 to 16-Mar-2016
Effect: Severe (more than 30 mins)
Length: 9225 metres

Description: Night time full closure southbound within the above dates for hardening of central reserve 2000 -0600hrs

[E352590,N476677]

trux:
just spotted this was yesterday 09th ,
so what was the diversion ■■ :open_mouth:

Not sure, they have delayed it again till tonight. The update online is saying severe - 30mins min. Thats gonna have me right on my time.

Sorry fella,if you mean shut from jct 36 southwards,you’d head on the A65 towards Ingleton then do a right into the A687 follow down to jct 34,I’d avoid cutting the corner off by going up the A683 through Nether burrow as again it’s a crao road and won’t save you any time.

xichrisxi:
Sorry fella,if you mean shut from jct 36 southwards,you’d head on the A65 towards Ingleton then do a right into the A687 follow down to jct 34,I’d avoid cutting the corner off by going up the A683 through Nether burrow as again it’s a crao road and won’t save you any time.

Cheers mate. Im guessing theres a low bridge the nether burrow way aswell?

trux:
just found this , but no mention of prescribed diversion route, not helpful i`m afraid , :cry:

source :
assets.highways.gov.uk/traffic-i … dworks.txt

**************** New or Amended Record ****************
M6, ■■■■■■■ / Lancashire

Period: 09-Mar-2016 to 16-Mar-2016
Effect: Severe (more than 30 mins)
Length: 9225 metres

Description: Night time full closure southbound within the above dates for hardening of central reserve 2000 -0600hrs

[E352590,N476677]

:laughing: no worries, i guess ill just have to wait and see what fun it brings

Good luck with that :wink:

Personally I would go a590 to a591
Then go A6 via Milnthorpe towards Carnforth popping back on to m601 at truck haven then jnc 35 3rd m6.

No low bridges southbound on that route if memory is right.

bertiebus:
Then go A6 via Milnthorpe towards Carnforth popping back on to m601 at truck haven then jnc 35 3rd m6.

Thanks for that, dont know what time its closing, hoping its ten and i should be passed it. Knowing my luck it will be an 8 bells closure.

EDIT:

Just read that again. 8pm closure it is.

bertiebus:

I live in Kendal and would go with this route.
So, off at J36 then right towards Kendal on the dual carriageway, 1st exit slip signed Barrow in Furness (about4 miles). Down to R/B, turn left (1st exit), up the dual carriageway for about half a mile then take the slip road signed A6, Milnthorpe. After that it’s pretty much straight through, passing Milnthorpe and following signs for A6 Carnforth. You will pick up signs for M6 as you approach Carnforth and it will bring you on at J35

I used to live in kendal dally.

Got out 10 yrs ago. Miss the old grey town thou.

Has the Burton in kendal road got a weight limit on it?
Possibly alternative run?

bertiebus:
I used to live in kendal dally.

Got out 10 yrs ago. Miss the old grey town thou.

Has the Burton in kendal road got a weight limit on it?
Possibly alternative run?

Hi bertibus,
yes the road through Burton in Kendal has a weight limit on it now. 7.5 tons I think through the village. This was put in place to stop the tippers from bashing through the village forcing them north to Jnt 36.

Your not missing an awful lot in town now. Lots of pubs have gone, lived here all my life and I can go out of a night and know no one. Sad really.

Thanks for that guys. Managed to get through at 20:02 just as the brave roadworkers were putting cones accross and wanting to play chicken with my truck.

Ill keep that in mind for tonight though.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=135305 :wink:

Closed tonight guys for resurfacing, reopening at 6 in the morning.

BossHogg:
Closed tonight guys for resurfacing, reopening at 6 in the morning.

Just tonight or tomorrow night also.?
I will be on there then I reckon.
Also BH do you know how much longer they are night closing the road into Lancaster coming from slip road at M6 south at j34.?
Cheers mate.

It was closed last night, tonight and tomorrow night I believe, I thought the slip was only closed so they could open the new ones, it was all open Saturday night when I drove through on patrol. :wink: