Tomtom v m$ autoroute?

What do you use?

Autoroute.

c’mon get real tomtom of course :confused:

Neither.

I use a Garmin even after all the slating its took mines never been any bother. :slight_smile:

I use Autoroute ( at the moment)

using AR 2003 because AR2006 is pants :wink: I managed to get a copy with the corrupted postcode database :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

can anyone confirm this is fixed in AR2007 ?

or, does anyone use Travelmanager ■■ I see CM are selling it for just under £27 (inc p&p)

i do have a copy of travel manager dennis but not used it for ages due to me getting satnav.

killer100:
i do have a copy of travel manager dennis but not used it for ages due to me getting satnav.

is it any good ?

I use AR for planning routes the night before and working out distances to price jobs , but AR03 is getting a bit outdated :unamused:

yes it is good i used to do my routes the night before aswell.

pm me your address and i will get a copy to you if you like.

I use Autoroute 2007, it has better mapping than any other system I can find, like tom tom you can add bridge heights etc but unlike Tom Tom, you can zoom out when the route looks unsuitable and use it like a normal map to bypass problem areas
I also run ARkeys on Autoroute.

Details here

I have read elsewhere that a German company has made a truck specific map with weight limits, width limits low bridges etc and avoids them, but has a high resale price around £350… :bulb: Must have a chat with the boss

killer100:
c’mon get real tomtom of course :confused:

I like a truck sized screen with a truck sized map, not something the size of a postage stamp 3 feet away.
The same as I like a truck sized steering wheel, not something transplanted from a mini.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

i know teleatlas have mapped some countries in europe for truck weight and height limits the uk is on the agenda, but the mapping will cost. i know av map from italy have a truck specific unit that is sold with iveco, i was trying to pursuade them to put it out as a pnd only instead of being sold only with traking equipment. it looked good but i havent tried it yet

at the moment iGO or miomap knocks spots off tomtom for routing. the absolute best at the ive tested at the moment is AA navigator 2005/6 as the routing is supebe unfortunatly the application runs very slow and the map colours arent that great.

unfortunaly i can see the police and vosa cracking down on drivers using laptops in the windscreen in the not to distant future

alix776:
unfortunaly i can see the police and vosa cracking down on drivers using laptops in the windscreen in the not to distant future

I can understand that, having a laptop sitting on the dash takes up lots of viewing area. I have an 8 inch VGA bolted onto my dash that shows Autoroute from the laptop…works very well