TomTom Truck

I now have this fully installed and working on a SD card so i can swap between normal car navigation and the truck one.

Do i have download things like POI’s for low bridges, weight limits etc or are they already in the truck maps?

it may have some on but best to put your own on then you should be covered,

DonutUK:
Do i have download things like POI’s for low bridges, weight limits etc or are they already in the truck maps?

They are already in the truck maps for the purpose of routing. It should route you around any obstacles depending on the measurements you have put in for your vehicle.

But I don’t think this data acts in the same way as POI files do. For example if you’re just driving about with the Satnav on but no route set then I don’t think the truck maps will warn you if there’s a bridge coming up.

Also, the truck maps are a little out of date now.

I guess as gezt says you could get recent POI files to supplement the truck maps.

I haven’t bothered doing this and the system has been spot on regarding bridges/weight limits but i’ve always used it with a route set. It has occasionally tried to route me down impossible turns but this isn’t often; it usually seems to err on the side of caution.

hi
has anyone still got the link for the tomtom truck free download site i know a few has asked shows how popular this is. please pm me the link.
thanks very much apreciated

john

busy fool:
hi
has anyone still got the link for the tomtom truck free download site i know a few has asked shows how popular this is. please pm me the link.
thanks very much apreciated

john

Hi john you can find the map load by going to
Gpsunderground i’m not sure if its .com or co.uk.
If you still cant find it i’ll send it when i get home.
Dave

.com

I can’t seem to find the software on the gps underground site, any chance someone can PM me a direct link?

Thanks.

could anyone pm me the link to the free tomtom truck maps please

On gpsunderground site they are in the Download section, which you have to pay to get access to.

Its not a huge amount, €9 if i remember correctly.

omg my heads hrtin from tryin to work out how to install tt truck,im very much a simpleton when it comes to computers and cant get to grips with that

DonutUK:
On gpsunderground site they are in the Download section, which you have to pay to get access to.

Its not a huge amount, €9 if i remember correctly.

is it worth it, what sort of content is there in download section :wink: