TOMTOM Telematics

Hi
I have been looking into tracking for my small fleet, just wondering if anyone is useing TOMTOM worksmart track?
by the web site it seems quite straight forward and would welcome any comments
regards

billybob:
Hi
I have been looking into tracking for my small fleet, just wondering if anyone is useing TOMTOM worksmart track?
by the web site it seems quite straight forward and would welcome any comments
regards

Although totally a different company, we run 50 + trucks & use NavMan Wireless with no real problems at all. We don’t use it to it’s full extent, mainly just a tracker, but has a fair few functions.

I used to use Navman and now use TOMTOM, though as bulktipper says, we don’t use it to its full extent.

Both systems TBH are much of a muchness, not much between them. I can’t think of anything negative to say about TOMTOM.

tomtom isnt cheap

we are going on to

Thanks for your replies

Have used the TomTom package since about 2009, we run 6 trucks and updated a couple of times since then and like the rest dont have a bad to say about it. We use it to send next jobs to drivers, fuel, servicing and MOT’s can all be loaded so it give you all the info you need on one programme.
First week we had it had a call from a guy claiming that his wife had been cut up, run off the road and smashed up 2 alloy wheels by one of my trucks at Dartford Tunnel, he had the right day and right truck but turns out my truck went thru the right hand bore and his Misses went thru the left hand. She just wrote down our truck number and told the old man our guy did it. Claim aborted! Paid for itself in the first week and have had several similar over the years that have never gone anywhere because of the accuracy of the system. I am a happy customer (& no I dont work for TomTom!)