TomTom, no live services

Just some advice. All is not lost.
My TomTom 6000 trucker had been stuck in a cupboard for the last 2 years due to me not driving trucks, and it being to big and bright screen made it impractical to use in my taxi.
Since that job died a death, ive gone back to trucking for a bit, so digs out the TomTom and checked all was working after being in hibernation, all seemed good, so updated the mapping (free) then paid TomTom £20 quid for 18 months of live traffic and £1 for speed cameras for 3 months, then I find out that the unit wouldn’t connect to live services, quick google search suggests TomTom deactivates the SIM card in the unit after a long period of inactivity.
I emailed support over the weekend about this and asked them to re-activate it, they replied Monday to confirm they have done it and do a reset to turn it back on on the unit.
Really thought it had been bricked for life, would of been good of them to warn they where going to do this prior to doing it since they know who the unit is registered too.

As many satnavs aren’t being used due to furlough you may find the battery is flat, as I did at the weekend so it was a good time to plug it in re-charge the battery and update the satnav

Rather surprising, but I’ve got some agency work, thought that even they would of been very quiet, had 2 and a half weeks up to now, so it’s getting used nightly now, and prefer having traffic on it when on nights, always overnight motorway closures causing problems.

If yours has the built in SIM card, and TomTom have disconnected it, they will want £60 to put a new one in,

As for the battery, plug it in for half hour, press and hold start button till it gives drum roll, then wait till it finds satellites.

I’ve got the WiFi model, dam sight better no SIM card.

biggriffin:
If yours has the built in SIM card, and TomTom have disconnected it, they will want £60 to put a new one in,

As for the battery, plug it in for half hour, press and hold start button till it gives drum roll, then wait till it finds satellites.

I’ve got the WiFi model, dam sight better no SIM card.

It has the SIM card in, TomTom didn’t mention any charges or anything about it requiring a new sim, maybe the charge to repair it if it is faulty, which would probably involve sending it to to TomTom to get replaced.
They just re-activated the original sim, they did tell me it was disconnected, and is now running as normal, free of charge.

You could try using Copilot on your phone as it has a montly payment option (8.99) with all the features included if you intend to work for a few months. The routing is good but quite crap on finding adresses so you’ll have to use Google Maps and use copilot on coordonates mode :slight_smile:

Constantin:
You could try using Copilot on your phone as it has a montly payment option (8.99) with all the features included if you intend to work for a few months. The routing is good but quite crap on finding adresses so you’ll have to use Google Maps and use copilot on coordonates mode :slight_smile:

No, I’m fine using my TomTom 6000 trucker with 18 months live traffic for 20 quid, i have used Tom Tom since about 2004 and have no problem with them until now, and tried others on iPhone and are poor in comparison in my opinion.

My TT 6000 is dying. Touchscreen in playing up and getting slower and slower.

SuperMultiBlue:
My TT 6000 is dying. Touchscreen in playing up and getting slower and slower.

Have ya done a hard reset and updated it?