Tomtom go professional expert 6 inch

Hello, I decided to upgrade my old 5210 for the above. It is meant to use phone data for live traffic, speed cameras and hands free calling through mydrive app. I have a Samsung s20 fe phone which connects to the device and phone through Bluetooth. It shows they are connected but on the mydrive app its says its out of range. It shows the my places I have saved but no other info connecting hands free or traffic info. I have tried everything from factory reset, delete and reinstall. It just won’t connect through mydrive app. I beginning to think this is not compatible with samsung as it does the same when I tried to connect my tablet. Does anyone know what else to try or had the same problem. Beginning to look like this satnav will have to be returned. Any help appreciate.

Set phone up as a hot spot, don’t connect the Tom Tom via Bluetooth, turn Bluetooth off connect via the WiFi icon(teathering)

I don’t use the app. Straight Bluetooth connection. Flawless.

Thanks for the rely, I will try the hot-spot connection. But without the app you have to input all journeys on device where with the app you could also plan routes on your phone and send to device. Is the flawless connection working with samsung phone as that what seems to be the problem.

My S10+ connects fine for traffic etc…

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Basilpot:
Thanks for the rely, I will try the hot-spot connection. But without the app you have to input all journeys on device where with the app you could also plan routes on your phone and send to device. Is the flawless connection working with samsung phone as that what seems to be the problem.

Connect via hotspot (Bluetooth as well if you want)
My s20 works fine via hotspot…though I tend not to use My Drive to route plan

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I have connected via Bluetooth and it does work fine for live. Just seems the mydrive app which is not working correctly. At least I can still use the satnav until a fix comes out. Thanks for the help.

Check that your signed in to your tom tom account on both the device , and the app

There seems to be a problem with the mydrive app, I’m still unable to get traffic on my 520, tried connecting via Bluetooth but, unable!!!

Check you have tethering enabled in settings. Mine disables everything the phone is powered down or Bluetooth switched off.