TomTom Go Expert

Apart from one TomTom gave me a few years ago for a promotion I’ve spent over a decade relying on Google Maps across Europe from a butchers shop halfway up a mountain in an Italian village to markets to city centres to huge industrial sites. Just need common sense

TomTom sat navs are the driver’s equivalent of a Hoover vacuum cleaner.
Just like Hoover did before Dyson shook their world up, TomTom are resting on their brand name to merely keep churning out the same mediocre product with a few new gimmicks every now & again.
TomTom have no interest in spending money on major improvements as they do not need to in order to make sales; there is not enough genuine competition.
For the price & size of the units, the technology (or lack of) that TomTom use in their devices is woeful.
The interface & software appear to have been designed & coded by kids who are not yet old enough to drive.

I look forward to the day when the sat nav market’s equivalent to James Dyson comes along.

Id always recommend having a proper HGV satnav, especially as a new driver. I’ve had 2 satnavs during my driving career, both bought from discountsatnavs.co.uk, both cost me less than £100, had all the features you’d expect, ie, height, weight and width limits, decent sized screen (6.5 inch), the last one even had Bluetooth connectivity (but was a bit too early to have decent traffic updates).
Sadly, they seem to have gone bust during lockdown, so can’t really recommend anyone else unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Terry Cooksey:
Id always recommend having a proper HGV satnav, especially as a new driver. I’ve had 2 satnavs during my driving career, both bought from discountsatnavs.co.uk, both cost me less than £100, had all the features you’d expect, ie, height, weight and width limits, decent sized screen (6.5 inch), the last one even had Bluetooth connectivity (but was a bit too early to have decent traffic updates).
Sadly, they seem to have gone bust during lockdown, so can’t really recommend anyone else unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

C&M navigation do good sat navs and better quality i have one. Any problems are sorted straight away