Tomtom go 6250 traffic problem

Hi people just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the traffic on there tom tom. I have the 6250 and the traffic bit just seems to die like the SIM card isn’t getting any signal maybe. Really annoying given the price paid for it.

All the time :unamused:
I run Google maps on my phone alongside the satnav,much more reliable…and FREE :smiley:

Had this on mine,sent it back fro replacement apparently the GPS had failed in the unit.

Have you put a memory card in from an old tomtom. Have you tried a factory reset. Have you tried throwing it at the first person that pulls in front of you then slows down.

Had no problem on the 520 , although it has no sim , it uses data off your phone by sharing bluetooth internet connection

Hi thanks for the replies well I ended up phoning tomtom basically told me to do a factory reset which up to now seems to be working.

It isn’t a good sign when you have to do a factory reset. It is quite an extreme thing to have to do as it will clear any updates or POI you have inputted. TomTom units that need to be reset are prone to other errors, TomTom traffic is generally good and probably the best part of the satnavs. I prefer the TomTom traffic to CoPilot traffic but I much prefer CoPilot as a satnav. CoPilot is very hard to beat in the satnav dept.