TomTom Go 530, installing Truck software and Navcore?

Hi all,

As I’ve just passed my C+E, I think it’s about time to buy a decent Sat Nav that will asssist me once I find some work. I’ve read somewhere on here about buying the Go 530 and installing the truck software and navcore. I managed to find these on the net, what I’d like to know is how do I go about installing them onto the TomTom and is it straight forward enough?

I don’t fancy buying a Sat Nav and then breaking it before I get out of the door!

Cheers, Martyn.

MrMartyn1984:
Hi all,

As I’ve just passed my C+E, I think it’s about time to buy a decent Sat Nav that will asssist me once I find some work. I’ve read somewhere on here about buying the Go 530 and installing the truck software and navcore. I managed to find these on the net, what I’d like to know is how do I go about installing them onto the TomTom and is it straight forward enough?

I don’t fancy buying a Sat Nav and then breaking it before I get out of the door!

Cheers, Martyn.

Yes it’s easy and straight forward.

Do a search, you’ll see links to website’s that’ll guide you.

Install it onto a 4gb memory card and you can’t do any harm to your unit - any probs, take memory card out and unit will be as you bought it.

Hi i use a snooper syrius 2000 truckmate - i find it very simple to programme and use and its £279 one of the cheapest around - never let me down yet and it updates weekly from the pc with the latest speed camera sites - gatso , mobile and specs
also does high risk zones and schools , warns of sharp bends low bridges and weight limits
cheers
Steve

i put bridge’s on mine a few trs ago an that was easy enough an i am useless with computers

first of all you need to download truck map from a torrent site then download a program called alberts easy activator this will give you a step by step guide to install your map.you will also have to download the truck navcore to your tomtom you can get this from the tomtom home site once you connect your tomtom and update it.hope this gives you a start any probs just ask

ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?t=507337

Hi all,

have installed Truck 845.2649

It allows me to use the map, however routing for trucks doesnt work? the error i get is “the current map does no contain truck attributes. Truck routing can therefore not be supported.” any idea what I need to do to fix this?

Cheers

MrMartyn1984:
Hi all,

have installed Truck 845.2649

It allows me to use the map, however routing for trucks doesnt work? the error i get is “the current map does no contain truck attributes. Truck routing can therefore not be supported.” any idea what I need to do to fix this?

Cheers

I think yout (t.meta )truck data has not been activated , use easyusetools and download latest meta files.