tomtom 720

hi all I have a tomtom 720 its got all off Europe but its for a car only can I down load the truck version onto it any sites and info very welcome many thanks

babet:
hi all I have a tomtom 720 its got all off Europe but its for a car only can I down load the truck version onto it any sites and info very welcome many thanks

You need to install a truck navcor (operating system) and a truck map onto an SD card, you will then be able to use the truck attributes such as height,axle weight, width and length ec’t.

The latest truck navcore that I kno to be without problems is version 8.398, there is a later version available but it’s known to have some bugs so I personally wouldn’t recommend it.

The navcore and the maps and all the information you need can be obtained from navitotal.com.

Before my GO630 got nicked, I had Navcore 9.700 and it seemed fine to me.

Ken.

Quinny:

Ken.

I haven’t tried 9.7 but heard it was a bit buggy, I’ll have to give it a go myself and see.

Thanks for the info :wink:

tachograph:

Quinny:

Ken.

I haven’t tried 9.7 but heard it was a bit buggy, I’ll have to give it a go myself and see.

i think you need to delete the file “system” from the new navcore before installing it as it contains a new bootloader which may be causing the problems

What you do, is back up the entire contents of your TT to something like Windows or similar. (I use WinRar.) Don’t use TT home.

Then wipe the entire contents of your TT device, and do a total fresh install of the Navcore and maps, and patch them using FastActivate, and voila.

If it doesn’t work, and there is no reason why it shouldn’t, just wipe the lot, and re-install your back up to your device.

Simples.

Ken.

it all sounds awfully complicated to me , I once tried to update maps on my xxl Europe and “wiped” the thing , had to send it away.this update/conversion thing could be a nice little earner for someone :smiley: I for one would gladly pay someone to do it properly.

it all sounds awfully complicated to me , I once tried to update maps on my xxl Europe and “wiped” the thing , had to send it away.this update/conversion thing could be a nice little earner for someone :smiley: I for one would gladly pay someone to do it properly.

I had my Tom Tom 1 upgraded to truck by the guy at Inglemills market for £40 I did it as I have a snooper 7000 pro and I have this as a back up just in case also I can use it for when I’m towing my caravan on the continent

tachograph:

Quinny:

Ken.

I tried it, had an issue doing ’ and " when setting my sizes, since I change my vehicle size a few times per day, I went back to 8.398 with map 900

it is not the app, the map contains the errors and to set the hight you put in say 14 then tap done, then at the next screen tap back, then above the 14 tap the screen and the foot mark will appear,then put in the inches