TomTom 710 - Truck Navcore

Hi all was after a bit of help.

Was being a tight wad trying to get a truck nav on the cheap, people on here say it is easy to do.

Got a tt 710 of a mate who wasn’t using it. Now in the process of trying to put the navcore onto it and finding it anything but straight forward.

Been looking all over the internet for a 123… step guide but can’'t find one.

Have torrented the navcore and the maps but can’t get it to work.

Cant even get past putting the sd card in, just get a red cross over the screen saying its not being read. Begining to suspect this is because its a micro sd in a converter and not the real thing…

All help appreciated.

Not being lazy, read all the posts on here and most seemed to have sorted there tomtom’s using the navitol site.

Problem is the site is down, from the message on there sounds like forever.

Can anyone suggest an alternative site.

Thanks.

Only just seen this.

Navitotal has been down a while, so try GPS Underground. gpsunderground.com

You need to do a back up of the original unit first, just in case it goes ■■■■ up, and you can re-install it. (Place a new folder on your desktop, and then copy and paste the ENTIRE contents of the unit into it, then delete the contents of the unit.) You then need the specific Navcore, map and the most current FastActivate. Not all Navcores and maps are compatible, so look at the comparison charts within the site.

Make sure you have enough space on the unit’s memory, (Or memory card if it uses one.) place the Navcore and map on the card/memory, and get them to talk to each other by using the FastActivate, and voila.

I’ve just done 2 TT One units with GB and Ireland on, ran them side by side with my TT5150, and they work perfectly.

Ken.

Thanks Ken.

Think im having two problems:

1 - the sd card is not being read, im using a micro with adapter. What did you use.
2 - Not got my head around fastactivate. Getting the map to talk to the navcore, is it as easy as putting it on the sd card or is there more to it.

Thanks in advance fr your help.

I have used internal memory and sd card, but never a micro card. And I think you have to use standard SD cards iirc, and not SDHC, but the tutorials will tell you which to use.

Once you have decided where to put the map/Navcore, add FastActivate to the same area in order to make them talk to each other.

You can’t put one on the card and the other on the internal memory, (That I’m aware of.) and expect them to be compatible.

Ken.

Thanks again Ken.

Think im sort of getting there on gps underground, but it’s a bit technical.

Thinks once ive worked it out ill post a laymans guide on here.

Currently think my problem is a bootloader issue need a more upto date version to run the micro sd.

Your problem is that the 710 does not read SDHC cards. ie High Capacity SD cards. To get a non HC 4GB Sd card is like rocking horse ■■■. I found one on Amazon for £24.99!!! The latest truck Navcore and 930 map is 1.96 GB which is too large for a 2GB sd card!