Tomtom 6000 truck

Ive only ever had one sat nav and its one of those 40quid noza tech things which to be honest is not good so i fancy treating myself to a half decent one.

At the moment the tomtom 6000truck has very mixed reviews so I was wondering whether someone knew if tomtom actually update the devices with improved software from time to time so that you eventually end up with a good sat nav? Or if its pants out of the box does it stay pants.

I`ve got the mark1 eyeball and a big trucking atlas but I do love me bond gadgets.

bonnet de douche

My experience of Tomtom over many years is that they are pretty awful dealing with any software updates other than new maps. It is rare that they develop new functionality on existing apps or devices, and bugfix releases are almost unheard of. If you want improvements to the software, buy a newer unit.

Customer service is somewhere between awful and non-existent too.

Having said that, I do find that Tomtom provides among the best routing algorithms of any of the major satnav systems so I remain a reluctant user despite my general hatred of the company and how they run their business.