Tomtom 5250 PRO Truck

I have bought one of these and would like to warn fellow drivers AGAINST them.

I am a 5150 owner and sing the praises all day long, but find it getting a bit slow to update (Especially in the middle of London after leaving a tunnel), I saw the new revamped 5250 and bit the bullet.

It is completely useless, do not touch it with a bargepole! If you make a wrong turning off route, it ignores your dimensions and sends you under low bridges (Tested in the car), It will not update with the Tomtom software, Tomtom will not provide ANY technical support and it does not have any computer voices, so you end up with about 13 phrases that are pre-recorded (No street names etc.)

So if you see one in the truckstop or online and get the temptation to buy, DONT! Stick with the 5150. At least until it gets sorted out.

It’s such a shame as the new interface looks much better and the device runs very fast compared to the 5150, but if it doesn’t do what it’s designed to - then it is useless.

business.tomtom.com/en_gb/produc … b-features

To be honest I can’t sing all that many praises for the 5150.

Traffic is non-existant when you need it most, loses it’s position in the middle of a roundabout.

The only thing I find better than the cheap chinese one from eBay that I had first is the maps are more up to date (when TomTom assign them to your unit that is, but that’s another story).

I agree though that it is mighty slow, even when you are just pressing the screen.

Press, wait for it, wait for it, wait some more - carry on etc etc.

Still - at least it wasn’t expensive :open_mouth:

I have the 5150 they are the best i have had but i agree about its slow on roundabouts sometimes but i look at the junction on the tomtom as i approach. i would be it s–t streak without it my worst experience was the snooper 7000.