Tomtom 520

Hi I have just bought a 520 tomtom now I would like to put the tomtom truck map on it but I don’t know where to start or which map I need. I have a 4gb sd card already I need some help please anyone also in simple terms please many thanks.

Kitkat

1. back up maps and navcore

2. format sd card

3. install cracked truck navcore

4. install card into sat nav to get serial number installed to card

5. card back into computer then install maps

6. activate maps with cracking software

7. put card back into sat nav and cross fingers

harder than it sounds if you dont know what you’re doing,good luck :slight_smile:

big boots:

2. format sd card

harder than it sounds if you dont know what you’re doing,good luck :slight_smile:

PMSL! Wouldn’t bother now to be honest.

Not sure if you can run truckers software on that model but if it’s bridge heights and weight limits your after then they used to be in poi,s on tomtom home ,
Go onto tomtoms website and download home ,connect tomtom and open tomtom home then go to add traffic & services then select poi,s then you can select country then scroll through the poi category’s ,

520 can take tomtom truck software no probs,easy to do if you’ve done it but a ■■■■■ to explain in detail :frowning:

my steps explaining it is the non swearing version after you’ve learned how to do it. :sunglasses:

If you not sure about downloading what big boots wrote then Amazon have a used version of tomtom truck including the memory card for £50 .

I have tomtom truck on and old xl version one with latest maps 925 and truck navcore 9.701, the site gps underground has all that you need with guides to software, good luck

I run TomTom trucks on a TomTom Rider v2 (For motorcycles)- Saved me a heap of dosh… :smiley:

kaode:
I have tomtom truck on and old xl version one with latest maps 925 and truck navcore 9.701, the site gps underground has all that you need with guides to software, good luck

:wink:

Ken.

kg901:
Hi I have just bought a 520 tomtom now I would like to put the tomtom truck map on it but I don’t know where to start or which map I need. I have a 4gb sd card already I need some help please anyone also in simple terms please many thanks.

Kitkat

Can’t be done legally, with cracked software it can but it’s a right ball-ache and you can’t use tomtom home for anything at all like gpsfix updates meaning you may have to wait 5 minutes for a gps signal and lose it every 10 seconds in high rise areas

gazza1970:
Not sure if you can run truckers software on that model but if it’s bridge heights and weight limits your after then they used to be in poi,s on tomtom home ,
Go onto tomtoms website and download home ,connect tomtom and open tomtom home then go to add traffic & services then select poi,s then you can select country then scroll through the poi category’s ,

Fine, but if you’re using cracked software don’t use TT Home, that stuff is available (legally) elsewhere like www.pocketgpsworld.com for free

DearBoy:
Can’t be done legally, with cracked software it can but it’s a right ball-ache and you can’t use tomtom home for anything at all like gpsfix updates meaning you may have to wait 5 minutes for a gps signal and lose it every 10 seconds in high rise areas

Really!!! :open_mouth:

I must be doing something wrong then, for TT home to recognise my One V3 for GPS fix updates, with the, ahem, software that I use.

I have it as a back up to my 5150 Pro truck.

Ken.

Fairplay if it’s working for you, news to me. I tried installing cracks a couple of years ago, got lots of headaches trying to make it work, got an email address and device serial number banned from TT Home once it was working, gave up and bought a legit one. TomTom 1 DearBoy 0

Suppose the TT version and crack may have a bearing on success…

Torkey:
I run TomTom trucks on a TomTom Rider v2 (For motorcycles)- Saved me a heap of dosh… :smiley:

did you do it yourself or did someone do it for you?

kg901:

Kitkat

Just buy the 2013 truck sd card on ebay for around 30.00

if you crack it right everything works including map corrections and gps quick fix,tomtom home.

kg901:

Torkey:

did you do it yourself or did someone do it for you?

Myself…

fredthered:

big boots:

2. format sd card

How do I activate the map? I have download the fast active will that activate the map. And when you say put the sd card in satnav to get serial number do I have to plug it into the PC as well. Thanks again. I have to have a go at this lol

kg901:
How do I activate the map? I have download the fast active will that activate the map. And when you say put the sd card in satnav to get serial number do I have to plug it into the PC as well. Thanks again. I have to have a go at this lol

Before doing anything with your Tomtom back up all files/folders on the device.

1. Connect the Tomtom (with SD card inserted) to your computer via a USB cable.
  2. Copy the navcore to the SD card.
  3. Copy the Truck map to the SD card.
  4. Copy FaxtActivate to the root of the SD card.
  5. Right click on FastActivate and select “run as administrator”.
  6. Check that the message in red in Faxtactivate says “Integrated meta.txt is dated 07/03/2014”.
  7. If the meta.txt is not dated as above click “1. Update meta.txt”, if you’ve got the latest Fastactivate it will be dated as above.
  8. In Fastactivate click “3. Patch navcore”.
  9. Reboot the device.
  10. Open Fastactivate again and click on “2. Patch maps, Voices, Speedcams and fuel prices”.
  11. You may need to reboot the device again.

Edit: The device may take some time to boot the first time after installing the navcore.

kg901:

fredthered:

big boots:

2. format sd card

when i did it i downloaded a program called bbs tools (google is your friend).you need the latest version,do’nt forget you cannot use the existing navcore for truck you need a dedicated truck navcore (9.700 from pirate bay is ok).the links for the newest truck maps are in bbs tools.the bbs tools will activate it,also has speed cams and gps fix,just does about everything you need.at the bottom right there is a meta text update button,do that first when you run it.

to install the device number from sat nav to sd card (after you have installed cracked navcore) you just put the card in sat nav,turn on,listen to the drums,then it should come up no maps found,take it back out and the device number is installed to card.It doesn’t need connecting to pc.but you can do it with a usb cable if you want depending how you want to do it :smiley: