tomtom 5150

Hi guys. So today i orderd a tomtom 5150, after all mixed views on it ive went ahead with that nav. My first option was snooper s8000 was extra £100, i here its same software so thought id save a bit. Feel free to comment on if i made right choice. Cheers guys :smiley:

Personally mate I wish I’d gone for the garmin one now.
I find the tom tom slow and sometimes unresponsive. It crashes regularly.
The live traffic is good however I rarely use the detours as it usually only saves a couple of minutes.
The driving break reminders are poinless as you don’t seem to be able to change them to remind you after 4.5 hours as opposed to 2 hours.
Apparently the garmin has a dedicated driving and rest dash for truckers.
The tom tom also has too many screen presses to get out of a screen and onto other screens.
To be honest I’d probably by a car one ,have a map handy and if you see a sign saying unsuitable for HGV don’t drive down it.

simonglovers09:
Personally mate I wish I’d gone for the garmin one now.
I find the tom tom slow and sometimes unresponsive. It crashes regularly.
The live traffic is good however I rarely use the detours as it usually only saves a couple of minutes.
The driving break reminders are poinless as you don’t seem to be able to change them to remind you after 4.5 hours as opposed to 2 hours.
Apparently the garmin has a dedicated driving and rest dash for truckers.
The tom tom also has too many screen presses to get out of a screen and onto other screens.
To be honest I’d probably by a car one ,have a map handy and if you see a sign saying unsuitable for HGV don’t drive down it.

If your tomtom is slow and crashing a lot then it sounds like it needs a hard reset. Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum roll sound. It should then be a lot faster.