Tomtom 5150 weight limits

I’ve recently bought myself the 5150, however I feel like it’s not working properly or for whatever reason is routing me through weight limits.

So I’ve setup the vehicle profile as 18t (I’m not actually in an 18t). I plan a route with it but it routes me through a 17t weight restriction, I follow it through the route, as soon as I turn into the 17t road it flashes up with the truck prohibited symbol (just like the weight limit sign but without the weight shown it in) and gives me the warning sound.

but why did it try to take me there in the first place if it knows it shouldn’t be in there?

interesting,
I would have thought it defeated the option of buying a truck sat nav if it don’t even change from a normal one?

Posters on here said the 5150 was great but im not so sure, its wanted to send me down some roads that I couldn’t even turn into with an artic in Devon.

Was your planned destination inside the weight restriction? The old TomTom 7000 would simply say “No truck route found” and give you the option of using a car route instead (although I think it would then ignore all truck-specific restrictions - i.e. weight, height etc - for the entire journey).

The 5150 appears to accept that if your destination (or starting point) are inside a weight limit, then it’s going to have to use some prohibited roads (but it does still show the warning sign and give an audible warning).