TomTom 5150 vs Garmin Dezl 760LMT vs Snooper Truckmate S

I can only apologise that i am bringing this topic up again but i am looking for some up to date advice on these Sat Navs, My ancient TOMTOM One passed and I’m in the market for a new satnav, i narrowed it down to these models and have read reviews, forums and watched youtube to make an informed decision however every time i thought i had narrowed it down i would come across a bad review that would leave me back at square 1, As these Sat Navs are £300 and above i don’t want to make a wrong decision and end up with a squib. My current job is changing on April 1st with my employers expecting me to do 50 jobs a day so probably the multi route feature is a main attribute i am looking for, I’ve not decided if the sat nav needs to be truck specific as I’ve managed with my tom-tom one for a couple of years now but as I’m buying a sat nav i thought i might as well buy one that is for trucks however if there as unreliable as some reviews state then i would be cheaper with a car satnav and a map. I was initially going to go for the snooper but read many reviews that it was crap, then moved to the tomtom 5150 which doesn’t have the multi route option :cry: , now I’m thinking about the garmin dezl but have came across bad reviews about this one to, however some of the reviews i read are from 2011 So I’m looking for some up go date informed opinions by users of any of the mentioned satnavs to how good or bad they find them to hopefully make me make up my mind. :open_mouth:

Your spot on about the TT 5150, but I do like mine, and have used it now for around 8 months, and so far so good. That said, I don’t do 50 drops per day, in fact I’m lucky if I do 50 a month!!!

Can’t tell you about the other 2 as I’ve not used them, but I do have friends that love their Snoopers.

At the end of the day, there isn’t really a great deal in them, as they all have their + and -, so it’s down to individual choice and how much pain your wallet can stand.

Ken.

I like my Snooper, but then again I like the built in tomtom in my wife’s car too…sorry :blush:

am using a TT XL at the moment, have just returned a snooper s5000 truckmate, kept throwing an error and crashing, compared to the tomtom the snooper software was complete junk, terrible interface and whats the not letting you create your own poi’s about?
am waiting for my refund so I can order a tt5150 truck as all the reviews ive read since point in that direction.
when I was using the snooper it just didn’t compare to the TT I use at the moment in any way, even the routing seemed to make me question it passing by roads with no weight limits in favour of a longer more stupid route, in my opinion stay away from the snooper.

tomtom 5150 pro truck turned up today and I gotta say… what a piece of kit, im impressed, so much better than the snooper s5000 in every way, easily migrated my poi’s from my old tomtom to the new… map schemes so it looks the same as google maps which is far better than the crap colours that come with it, not been on the road with it yet… Monday I will find out about the routing, hopes its better than the snooper as I felt that was bad as I passed by plenty of roads that I know I could have used to make a faster route than that one gave

personally if it is not truck specific i swear by mio moov v735 tv sat navs
built in digital tv on a 7" screen just like a snooper 7000 or 8000/8500
but no hgv warnings discontinued now tho like rocking horse ■■■ to source
i got three :smiley: !! and am going to pick up a snooper 8500 pro sound in the near future
as i have gone class 2 recently
so will be selling these on for £100

have been using the snooper 8500 pro sound for about 4 months now, apart from it wanting to put me into 7.5 weight limits , routing me down roads that i would not take my car down and after updating the maps it would not work and it being very laggy , the telly and the built in dab radio are the best thing about it , wish i had went for the tom , tom :angry:

thanks for the user info gadge
i will keep my cash in hand then!!
new job on a set route with only 7 drops at night
kinda negates the need for it now
shame as a member has put one up for sale for £350
was gonna buy it if he was local to me
stick to my mio v735 and still got one spare :smiley:

dont get me wrong bud , snoopers a great bit of kit for trunking , big city roads but for urban stuff its common sense really when its telling you to do a u turn in some poor buggers front garden :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ha! all sat navs are guilty of that !!
mio serves my needs for now + it has tv for tacho brakes too!!
the fountain of common sense
aka the wife rightly says getting my c+e training
payed for takes priority likkle diamond she is :grimacing:

I was reliant on the good old Truckers Road Atlas until Christmas 2013 :smiley: when I was bought a TomTom Pro5150, It started off well but 4 months down the line and 21 trips ( Part Timer :smiley: ) it has failed on me three times… FOR THE WHOLE DAY :imp: :imp: :imp:
This makes the old eyes water and faith in the device go down the pan in an instant.
I took it back to Hlods who contacted TomTom direct, i was told that it was a software problem and that as I had updated the device recently it would need a Re-boot, something that TomTom are aware can happen with certain but not all of the Satnav’s BUT fail to let you know this is the case.
Handy when you are somewhere you have no idea of exactly where you are, with other drivers in cars smiling whistfully at you wishing you were anywhere else except in front of THEM …on a small road in a big truck you can’t exactly reverse without causing major upset to public, other drivers and especially the Old Bill.
I have rebooted said device and will wait to see if it gives me the old two fingers once again when next I drive, if it does I will be the one doing the re-booting back at H
lods and using the truckers Atlas to reinforce my displeasure.
If I get the runaround from Hlo*ds or TomTom I will see Trading Standards and impart my thoughts on an Expensive bit of Kit that fails to do what it says on the tin and let them have a chew on the firm.
The other two I have absolutely no clue about but keep a road atlas handy and don’t solely rely on Technology