TomTom 5150 Truck Profile Settings

Hi.
I’ve just purchased the TomTom 5150 truck satnav and I’m confused as hell.
I’m a bit confused where to find the ‘Vehicle weight per axle’ info from?
Is it off the plate on the unit?
If it is then which weight do I put in if it has a lift axle etc.
Also Vehicle length??
Is that including unit, I presume it is.
Where would I find out that info?
Anyone else with the same satnav care to share their knowledge / info please. :slight_smile:
I drive reefer artics if that’s any help.

Thank you in advance.

For vehichle weight per axel just divide the vehicle weight by the amount of axels you have.

For length I have in 15.52. Mine is a 4x2 with tri axel curtainsider.

And width I have in 2.74m.

flightradar24.com/#ELB444/3d … 0374280536

jay0:
For vehichle weight per axel just divide the vehicle weight by the amount of axels you have.

For length I have in 15.52. Mine is a 4x2 with tri axel curtainsider.

And width I have in 2.74m.

Thanks for the info! :smiley:

Immigrant:
Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

■■? :confused:

44t trucks have a 10.5t axle limit, 40t have an 11.5t axle limit.

8’ wide.

approx 50-55’ long, but I’m not sure that affects anything tbh

I work in ’ and " rather than m, but google will do any conversions you require :wink:

You can touch the screen go to settings, then hit edit vehicle profile, tap the truck icon then its comes up with vehicle weight first, mines set at 44 ton, hit next axle weight, next again vehicle length, next again Height, next again vehicle width, next again - speed i have mine at 50mph next again hazmat skip that, hit done, recheck and your good to go, i don,t have live no more its gets on me nerves. :smiley:

BIG LEBOWSKI:

Immigrant:
Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

■■? :confused:

Yeah, he’s special.

I have had this tomtom for a couple of weeks now…might be sending it back …too often when I’m in town it suddenly decides that I am inside buildings and tries to re-route me, ■■■■■■■■ it, towns are the only places a sat nav should be useful for!!

jonesy1985:
I have had this tomtom for a couple of weeks now…might be sending it back …too often when I’m in town it suddenly decides that I am inside buildings and tries to re-route me, ■■■■■■■■ it, towns are the only places a sat nav should be useful for!!

I have heard this a couple of times, mine is as good as gold thankfully but as they say keep your eyes open and have an inkling where your going and remember a sat nav is an aid, not a law to follow :wink:

Anyway it has a special DUCK feature …when it forgets to tell you about a low bridge just before you hit it the sat nav realises and shouts …DUCK :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

Max width of fridge is 2.6m or 8’7", most other curtiansiders and boxes are 2.55 or 8’5"
i use 10t per axle weight and length is set at55’ or 16.5m,
another good tip is never use IQ ROUTES