tomtom 5

anybody using it??

i have used it today and it works ok for me i just wish i could ajust the road speeds like in tomtrom3

the best part is the full post code look up built it

set the route planning to limited speed at 54mph your etas will be about right

I have noticed since getting the new download it seems to take longer to get a fix and loses it easier, and sends me some funny ways, i have just ordered new maps so will see if it is any different

its the routing algorythim thats does the funny ways just check the route before you set off and then use either avoid road or plan anlterive have used it for around 3 months now it usually picks the right way unlike copilot dos at the moment that has some serious routing probs a you wiil need to set way points allong the route

Don’t get me wrong i think it is great had it 8 month very rarely look at a map now, but i always check the route it gives me.

dafman which version are you running i ment i was running tt5 for the last 3-4 months :laughing:

I am using it at the moment and am quite impressed, there have been a few funny routes, unknown postcodes and one U-Turn when things got a bit dodgy (road unsuitable for heavy vehicles). Certainly better than buying a map of every town / village / city that I am sent to !!

Only had one real serious problem and that was when I had a truck without a working lighter socket, then I just had to use it for the last mile. Fortunately around the Midlands which I have a map of anyway !!

G

Gazzareth:
Only had one real serious problem and that was when I had a truck without a working lighter socket, then I just had to use it for the last mile. Fortunately around the Midlands which I have a map of anyway !!

I have tom tom go and a while back I had it on from
about 10:30 to 17:00 hours just using the battery.
It was fully charged and only used half the battery’s
power.