Tomorrow can only get better

Well…started the day off by the car breaking down at 0600 whilst on the way to pick up my truck… meant to be delivering my tank at 0800, however, was gone 1030 by the time I managed to even get into the truck after being rescued by a flatbed and getting taken back to my house to get the other car. Picked up the tank and got down to the delivery point only to then find out that it was a compressor offload.

Not too bad, I have one on the wagon, though have never used it myself but I am a fan of the ‘learn by doing’ method…this all goes well until I have fully connected up my discharge pipes and connectors and find out that my air line has no fittings to connect to the tank and compressor!

Got a nice few hours wait whilea pair are brought up to me so I can finally offload, been here since 1300, cant see me moving until at least 1800!

I take comfort in the fact that surely tomorrow can only get better!

sounds like a nightmare mate :confused:

Sorry to hear that. At least you can NOT waste time by doing something useful and posting on here! I had a bad day too (long since finished cos every ■■■■ drop/collection was done immediately meaning not done anywhere near enough hours, though there was a nice hold-up on the M62 (not really - nice that is, there was a hold-up). And they say drivers moan too much. Currently I’m watching Countdown.

I’ve had one of them days today :laughing: :imp:

I got up an hour late this morning as I turned my alarm clock off as I was still tired and don’t seem to get up too good after I’ve had a late night. I missed 2 busses already to get me in town ready for college when I eventually got on the bus the driver seemed to stop at every stop and one of the passengers that got on took 10 minutes to get her ■■■■■ to pay for her ticket and 5 minutes to get sat down no joke!! :imp: :imp: Getting on the bus to college it was due at 9:15 but actually set off at 9:20 making me even more late. The only good side was I got into lesson on time for the teacher to mark me down without a late mark as she hadn’t took the register yet and I got into the room without her noticing that I was missing at the start of the lesson! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I know it was my own fault but I can safely say my morning was a bit of a rush about :laughing: :laughing: I hope I don’t have a repeat of today tomorrow!! Or any other day this week :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Johnny,
Cant even get up when half the day has nearly gone, get away with being late then and when you are there to study and not to send posts to this site or any other web site…
What are the younger generation going to do when they actually have to graft for a living :wink: :slight_smile:
Believe me things can and will get worse.

Today was a one off :laughing: :laughing: I am usually up really early but I put todays antics down to going to bed late and not getting up in time. And you’ll find I was on a free period when I posted the first post on here :smiley: And if someone gives me a job doing some graft that pays more than it does to go to college then feel free to offer me one :sunglasses: :smiley:

And I know things can get worse, but at the time it was a worrying moment as I don’t like being late. :laughing: :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

If you are using your trucks engine compressor you’re probably still tipping out now…

You have my sympathy. Been there, done that.

W

Finally got away just after 1800, meant to be taking it straight back to Barry but had enough for the day and parked up outside the house and gave it up for the night, live in Maidstone but was tipping in Lenham, today will surely be a better day!

i’ve had 4 weeks of it.
so i’m staying at home.

Looks like it’s my turn to have the bad luck :frowning:

Set off from Shepton Mallet for Portsmouth this morning, got past Salisbury when there was a loud knocking coming from the engine. Pulled over and called Scania out, apparentley some bolt that holds the cam followers has broke and tried to escape through the cover plate on the side of the engine :confused:

Recovery turned up to take me to Southampton but cant get any air to my supension, now waiting for Scania to come back and replace a faulty airbag :confused:

If I’m lucky the truck may be fixed by tomorrow lunchtime, so I’m told :frowning:

I’ve been having bad luck for the last six weeks. Every night I go to bed thinking ‘Oh well, another day gone and things will improve tomorrow’.
I awake in the morning and wait but ■■■■ all seems to get better this day either so I go to bed and think ‘Oh well things may improve tomorrow’.
I awake again the next morning and wait for things to improve, but guess what?.. They dont!

Same ■■■■, different day :frowning:
Me…I have loads of luck but all bloody bad :cry:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: