Tom Tom routing

Evening Gents,
I seem to be having a few problems with the routing on my tomtom 7150 pro. It’s all set up with my truck size, weight etc but sometimes it still seems hell bent on sending me down roads I’d never go down in a car.
I always back up my routing with a good hgv map book which has prevented me going down routes not suitable for hgv’s.
Here is an example of its poor routing, if I say for instance put Broxburn in as my destination travelling from the Yorkshire area it sends me A1 then A697 Coldstream. Now I’m sure the A66, M6, M74 then M8 or A1 via Edingburgh would be a far better route for an hgv?
Has anybody had similar problems or is my tomtom not set up correctly?

Many thanks SB

Here is an example of its poor routing, if I say for instance put Broxburn in as my destination travelling from the Yorkshire area it sends me A1 then A697 Coldstream. Now I’m sure the A66, M6, M74 then M8 or A1 via Edingburgh would be a far better route for an hgv?

mine did the same but edingburgh to teeside, got new maps now but not tried that route yet,

They still ain’t sorted the Dartford Crossing out, it’s OK going over the Bridge but coming back it sees the Tunnels as a weight restricted road and wants to send me somewhere through the Blackwall Tunnel, strange as ■■■■■ :cry:

You can do map corrections - which you have to do for the dartford tunnel - and it wouldn’t route you that way then.

No sat nav is ever going to be perfect, NONE. I find the tomtom with truck is about as good as I can expect it to be and damned good value for money.

waynedl:
You can do map corrections - which you have to do for the dartford tunnel - and it wouldn’t route you that way then.

No sat nav is ever going to be perfect, NONE. I find the tomtom with truck is about as good as I can expect it to be and damned good value for money.

Ummm, not sure how to do that, ‘fixing’ them and updating is easy enough but… I’ll look into it later.
I use Google maps as well as my 920, it shows a picture of the place I’m going to. ■■■■■ Navigation with Google.

Dino, on my tomtom if I want to change a road I find it in view map then touch it which brings the road name up with an arrow on the left, touch the arrow then select correct location then unblock street for a truck, you can then choose to alter either direction, then press done.

russell2587:
Dino, on my tomtom if I want to change a road I find it in view map then touch it which brings the road name up with an arrow on the left, touch the arrow then select correct location then unblock street for a truck, you can then choose to alter either direction, then press done.

Thanks, I’ll be giving that a go.