Tom tom one Europe

My wife has just ordered me a tom tom one europe off the internet, i have never used a sat nav before can anyone tell me if this is a good system? What are the pro’s and con’s? i only intend to use this in conjunction with my truckers atlas. Thanks for any info given.

Its a very good satnav m8 , it will have all the latest maps on so no worries there :smiley:

But always use it as a help tool,and load these into it as well and all will be good.

trucknav.napalmfiles.com/

If you get stuck i can help

Gerry T you are a gent,
cheers mate.

hi, i have one of these and find it great. it hasnt let me down yet in italy. can you tell me how to install these files onto the sat nav please. thanks :confused: :question:

skids:
can you tell me how to install these files onto the sat nav please. thanks :confused: :question:

Me too,please

they look fantastic poi’s.

well done gerry.

skids:
can you tell me how to install these files onto the sat nav please. thanks :confused: :question:

Sorry Lads i missed this post

If you plug in you Tomtom to your pc it will come up as a removable drive in the my computer tab (as i am sure you will know) .

If you right click on this and press explore you will find a folder called Europe map , or maybe GB map dependant on the tomtom this is were the files go .

From the site i posted i open the files with winrar
www.rarlab.com/download.htm (just get the top one on that page)
into a folder i call poi’s (call it what you want )

Then its just a simple case of drag and drop them in the map folder on your tomtom, just make sure thats were they go and its all gravy after that :slight_smile:

Or PM me and i can go through it bit by bit i dont mind helping out at all

skids:

Sorry Lads i missed this post

If you plug in you Tomtom to your pc it will come up as a removable drive in the my computer tab (as i am sure you will know) .

If you right click on this and press explore you will find a folder called Europe map , or maybe GB map dependant on the tomtom this is were the files go .

From the site i posted i open the files with winrar
www.rarlab.com/download.htm (just get the top one on that page)
into a folder i call poi’s (call it what you want )

These will make folders in the one you have created all we have to do from there is open each folder up and you will see 2 types of files ov2 and bmp both need to copied onto your tomtom

Then its just a simple case of drag and drop all of them in the map folder on your tomtom, just make sure thats were they go and its all gravy after that :slight_smile:

Or PM me and i can go through it bit by bit i dont mind helping out at all