Tom Tom go 720 (truck) entering height

Am I just being stupid or not. Does anyone have a satnav like this I can enter my height but only seem to be able to enter it in feet eg 15 foot and not 15 foot 3 etc can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks in advance for any help.

Maybe you have to just put it in inches.

I think you may need to go into the Settings menu and fiddle about with the “Units” setting. You may find that you’ll only be able to use metric units. I think the problem is that the 720 was not originally a Truck device.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

I concur with the settings or inches posts but would add if your trailer is 15 3 to use 15 5.

I think you enter the height in feet first, ie. 15 then press “Done” now go back to the height setting again and press the 15, you should now be able to enter the inches.

mikeshe:
I think you enter the height in feet first, ie. 15 then press “Done” now go back to the height setting again and press the 15, you should now be able to enter the inches.

thats how its done

RTFM.

But surely TFM won’t mention entering truck dimensions as the 720 is a car satnav…

I’ll try that thanks a lot. I think it’s origanally a car sat nav but it has the truck sd card in it.

I have a 720 Go and in your picture you are 2 keys missing for some reason on the right hand side. ’ and " :question:

Should look like this.

Rew:
Should look like this.

What firmware you running to get that screen, them 2 keys are missing off my tomtom too

205:

Rew:
Should look like this.

What firmware you running to get that screen, them 2 keys are missing off my tomtom too

I’m running 8.398 I’ve tried 9.205 and it works the same but the ETA’s are why off so I changed if back again.
Haven’t tried for a year or so, so might of had an update by now.

Roymondo:
But surely TFM won’t mention entering truck dimensions as the 720 is a car satnav…

I’ve got an old 720 lying around, do you happen to know how I could put truck sat nav on to it?

It’s got a slot for an SD Card in the bottom then the answer is yes. There’s a bloke on FB called Rod Tate who can supply you with the card with the truck maps on. You’ll have to send him the number of the device which is about 13 digits long.