TOM TOM and low bridges

Just a quick question? Is there a download i can add to my tom tom 1 so that it will somehow let me know i am approaching a low bridge?and b4 anyone says look 4 the signs, i always do but would just like this gimmick on my nav.

PM me your email :wink:

SadMike:

P,m`d :slight_smile:

Just a friendly bit of advice - i’m not a sat nav hater by the way as I use one. :laughing:

Be wary when you first use it as the set of POI’s for lowbridges that I have, isnt mega accurate.

For example, mine is set to warn of 14 foot and below, as it goes in 6 inch increments.

When I come up the 449 from wales, it gives me a warning that the tunnels at monmouth are 14 feet or lower. Hmm, we all know thats not right, :laughing:

Like I say, just be careful and have the warning set a good distance out to allow time to check and re-route if necessary. Mines at 5 miles by the way. 1760 x 5 = 8880 yds.

Actually, just another thought, the newer tomtoms have mapshare on them.

Just for your own usage, where you know there to be a road that you cant use because of a bridge, set it as “closed” on the mapshare and it wont try and re-route you that way.

SadMike:

Received Thanks to Mike :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dons tin hat

trucknav.napalmfiles.com/
I`ve been using em for a couple of weeks

once you`ve set the proxcimity alerts up, you can set the height of the truck from 10ft up to 16ft 9” in 1”-2” increments and get a spoken voice telling you of the hazard ahead.

inside the low bridge file is a word document telling you how to install the files into your tomtom. You will need to load onto your device some or all of the individual height files and setup the proximity alerts. This will take around 20-30 mins once the files are copied onto your device. These files only work with tomtom satnav as they are ov.2 file format that tomtom uses.
once setup you can use menu > preferences > enable/disable POI`s, uncheck em all, and only enable the one(s) you actually need to work apropreate to the hight of the truck that your driving at the time

The other alerts use tomtom own warning tones.

I bought a Pro Nav from Maplins .The height measurement is 0 then 10in.I have mine set for 12ft for my coach and it still tries to send me under a 9ft 6in bridge at the end of the road near the yard.Yet it tries to send me down the slip road at the M60/M66 roundabout round and back up the other side.With a truck friendly sign next to it.

peirre:
Dons tin hat

trucknav.napalmfiles.com/
I`ve been using em for a couple of weeks

once you`ve set the proxcimity alerts up, you can set the height of the truck from 10ft up to 16ft 9” in 1”-2” increments and get a spoken voice telling you of the hazard ahead.

inside the low bridge file is a word document telling you how to install the files into your tomtom. You will need to load onto your device some or all of the individual height files and setup the proximity alerts. This will take around 20-30 mins once the files are copied onto your device. These files only work with tomtom satnav as they are ov.2 file format that tomtom uses.
once setup you can use menu > preferences > enable/disable POI`s, uncheck em all, and only enable the one(s) you actually need to work apropreate to the hight of the truck that your driving at the time

The other alerts use tomtom own warning tones.

Good link :slight_smile:
Why the tin hat?