Tom Tom 6000

The above sat nav seems to get mixed reviews.So what do people on Trucknet think of it? Is there anything better out there ?

I didnt get any response on here so i took a a gamble and went ahead and bought one.

Sat-Nav’s have been done to death mate, and different people have different opinions.

I have the 6000 and like it, although the processor and touchscreen response could be better…

Been using one for a couple of months without a problem although just occasionally it’ll take me through a housing estate when there’s no need, I tend to stop and check an atlas if in doubt especially as I’m new to doing this.

i will give it a go.I always look on a map just to make sure anyway.

Had mine a few weeks now, its taken me down a few odd roads (residential) but never got me stuck or sent me the wrong way.

I got one off a mate who didn’t like the 6000, I don’t think its to bad, bit I like and really only just picked up on is that it will give you your average speed through average speed camera areas including the temporary ones through the road works on the M1.
iv’e had tomtom sat navs for about 12 years now and prefer the mapping over some of the others, I think the lag is caused by the unit pulling traffic data off the servers, because it seemed quicker when the unit wasn’t logged into an account and not getting the traffic data so may not bother renewing that in october.

DAVE Y:
I didnt get any response on here so i took a a gamble and went ahead and bought one.

Where did u buy it from and how much was it mate,let us know how it does cheers

ok will do,it was a refurbished one through ebay from Argos £134.99 with 12 months warranty.

DAVE Y:
ok will do,it was a refurbished one through ebay from Argos £134.99 with 12 months warranty.

Hi DAVE Y I have just looked on ebay and the sat nav you have bought is not a trucknav Im sorry to say.

I am waiting till friday to buy a tomtom trucker 6000 from tomtom themselves but the one on ebay is a tomtom go 6000 which is a high end car nav.

whoops

i have just had a look Montytom you are spot on.I will be on the phone later to see if i can cancel.

6000 trucker is good unless you have to use it in central London then I’d suggest using a map cuz tomtom loosing signal and you can find urslf in a very diff situation

HokayT:
6000 trucker is good unless you have to use it in central London then I’d suggest using a map cuz tomtom loosing signal and you can find urslf in a very diff situation

That’s not just a problem for Tomtom but all satnavs in London due to the tall buildings, narrowness of the streets meaning they can’t “see” the satellites and also the turns tend to come very quickly so voice guidance can’t keep up.

i think i have overdosed on reviews i cant decide which one to go for.
There must be one that stands out ?

I use the TomTom trucker 6000. Great satnav. Traffic great, camera great, routing great.

Only thing that lets it down is how slow it can be due to the processor speed. Think of it like an old computer taking forever to do something. Doesn’t happen all the time but every now and then it can really get itself into a pickle.

Said it once before on another feed . Truck nav by nav man. I think he comes from Morecambe. £ 109. With a cam . I’ve had mine 3 month and it’s been a god send. And if you have any problems with it. you can ring the guy. Don’t be put off by his spelling mistakes in his advert. There’s nowt wrong with um for that money.

does Navman have a website?

Hammy747:
I use the TomTom trucker 6000. Great satnav. Traffic great, camera great, routing great.

Only thing that lets it down is how slow it can be due to the processor speed. Think of it like an old computer taking forever to do something. Doesn’t happen all the time but every now and then it can really get itself into a pickle.

You can help it along significantly by being ruthless about what it shows onscreen. By default, it shows all sorts of POIs on the 3D view, which all helps to slow it down.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

Roymondo:

Hammy747:

You can help it along significantly by being ruthless about what it shows onscreen. By default, it shows all sorts of POIs on the 3D view, which all helps to slow it down.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

If it’s anything like its predecessor, it’s slow at everything, not just the map view. Typing takes ages, every screen transition takes ages. There’s just no excuse; I don’t believe it’s a slow processor, just shoddy programming. I returned my TomTom and got a Garmin Dezl, and have since upgraded that. I’d recommend them over TomTom any day; I’ve not tried a Snooper or any other make.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk