toll sites

is there a site where you can work out in advance how much the tolls will cost in germany,austria and spain :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

heres one for france neil

www.autoroutes.fr

although it does give information about the rest of europe as well
hope this helps :smiley:

this is the site for austria, you need to go to toll calculator light and plot your route, it will tell you how much for each class of vehicle and at the time you travel, certain routes are more expensive at night although some routes do have overnight driving bans.

go-MAUT

i’m not sure you will be able to access the route costing for toll collect without registering for a card and the use of the internet to plot your routes, i have the required access but i cannot share it with you as it is customer sensitive which means my boss could be paying for your vehicles passage.

Toll Collect

I adjusted your urls to tidy the wide pages up a bit. Simon

very helpful many thanks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

on my site you can find a few links about toll

trans-top.com/trans/links/fahrverbot.html

I stopped for a coffee in the land of the large sausage, and noticed that amongst the maps and atlas racks, there was a MAUT book which showed all the junction names and toll stations in Germany. I think it may have been a FALK publication.

25 euros though :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:
I stopped for a coffee in the land of the large sausage, and noticed that amongst the maps and atlas racks, there was a MAUT book which showed all the junction names and toll stations in Germany. I think it may have been a FALK publication.

25 euros though :open_mouth:

We have the Toll Collect cards, and they come with a small motorway atlas which has all the junction names (and there MAUT numbers) and all the toll stations and service partners marked on it. You have to use it in conjunction with a normal road atlas though, because it only has a few of the major B roads marked and is in a very high scale.The MAUT atlas is useless for route planning or anything else, but does show you the B roads you will get directed onto, if there is a MAUT approved short cut. eg, heading South down the A45 towards Giessen and wanting to head East on the autobahn from there, you will be directed onto the B46 (I think it is), through Giessen and back onto the autobahn. However, if you want to go to Fulda from Munchen, you will be sent all the way round by the MAUT machine, NOT the direct route, up the A66, onto the B66 (I think) and back onto the autobahn just south of Fulda. I tried to force it to route me that way, but the machine would have none of it. I had to do two separate journeys, one to the end of the A66, the other starting where I joined the other autobahn (the A9, I think)

Wheel Nut:
I think it may have been a FALK publication.

I did the exact same thing last summer, PM me and i will be able to help you out.

I knew there was something bugging me on Monday.

As I was sorting my MAUT out on Monday morning, the attendant was explaining to a driver how to get an original MAUT/Toll Collect map book.

Unfortunately, I was busy doing my tax for the inbound leg of my trip, so didn’t have 100% of my attention on what was being said. However, from what I remember of the conversation. The MAUT people will send you a copy if you phone them, write to them or contact them through the MAUT/Toll Collect web site. The map book will be free, but they might charge you postage.
Apparently, they used to just give the maps away at the terminals on the borders, then they noticed a lot of their free maps where coming up for sale on e-Bay, so they stopped that.

Hopefully I’ll remember on Monday. Then I’ll ask and pass the gen’ on to you, but that’ll be a week from today at the earliest. Sorry :unamused: :unamused:

i was in germany in jan.
the toll had just started,they gave me a maut atlas.
its was free.
they should still be available.
look on www.toll-collect.de.
i have’nt looked but am going to do so now.

i couldnt see anything about the mautatlas.
maybe its downloadable.
i think germany has become hard work now.i worked for a company doing regular groupage work to germany.
we had repeat deliveries every week.
when i left koln to go to frankfurt,i used to go down the 61,cross the 48 at koblenz to the 3,and on to frankfurt.
i dont know if this was the shortest,just my preffered route.
now if you go in at koln to pay the tax,the computer tells you what way to go.
it does’nt leave flexi.
if there were an accident and you needed to chang
e route to avoid long stoppages.
pity they didnt put the toll booth in like the other countries.
i see what you are saying about ebay.
i never thought of that.
i dont drive all the time now,just some trips.
i never used mine since i got it.i always hold onto maps and info papers.
she calle me a hoarder/.
i will use it the next time i go to germany whenever that may be.

greg50:
it does’nt leave flexi.

You don’t have to accept the way it tells you to go, you can tell it the route you want. I used the machines for the first time this week, always had an OBU up until now, and it was a simple process. In fact I don’t think I’m going to bother getting an OBU fitted to this truck and will just use the machines from now on

i’d rather have the obu i thin coffee.
you dont need to stop when crossing the border.
its a lot handier.
the machines did my head in and i am not too bad on this type of thing.
waiting for the receipts to come out and the route tickets.
stick to the obu.
have you got a laptop in the truck or just wait till your home to come back on here.
been anywhere nice?

greg50:
i’d rather have the obu i thin coffee.
you dont need to stop when crossing the border.
its a lot handier.
the machines did my head in and i am not too bad on this type of thing.
waiting for the receipts to come out and the route tickets.
stick to the obu.

I’m going to stick with the machines, for a while at least, to see how it compares to using the OBU.

greg50:
have you got a laptop in the truck or just wait till your home to come back on here.

I have a laptop in the truck and sometimes I use it to log on here.

greg50:
been anywhere nice?

Paris and Stuttgart last week.

When I do Germany it’s usually 5 to 8 drops and using the ticket machine was a nightmare as I could never find one where I wanted one and booking the next part of my route would cost me at least 30 minutes each time. (I couldn’t always pre-book as I never knew if I’d get tipped or not thanks to all the early closing times)

Now I use an OBU it’s so much easier, one less thing to worry about. Don’t forget if you have one fitted it needs to be upgraded before Jan 1st.

Regarding tha Maut Atlas most of the machine sites have a supply ‘under the counter’ but you must ask for one because when they were on display all the motorist were picking them up :imp: :imp:

Coffeeholic:

greg50:
it does’nt leave flexi.

You don’t have to accept the way it tells you to go, you can tell it the route you want. I used the machines for the first time this week, always had an OBU up until now, and it was a simple process. In fact I don’t think I’m going to bother getting an OBU fitted to this truck and will just use the machines from now on

so what did you do with your last obu neil?
i thought you had to give it back when you change trucks and then get the same unit fitted to your next truck or if you aren’t going to germany again just leave it at the garage?
i think the form you have to sign tells you the obu is the property of toll collect along with the instruction manuals and that if you don’t return it when you have finished with it you are liable for the cost of the obu?
when we replace trucks we will take them in and get the unit taken out then the following week take the new truck in and have the unit put back in, the only thing we are not sure about is the antenna, my boss is thinking of leaving them on and buying a replacement for the new truck.

neil46:
is there a site where you can work out in advance how much the tolls will cost in germany,austria and spain :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Try this Neil, I think its pretty good.

Its here :wink:

Oh blow, I’ve just seen someones done this already. :cry: :frowning:

Here’s some alternatives then.

uk.map24.com/
viamichelin.co.uk/viamicheli … mePage.htm

johnny:
so what did you do with your last obu neil?
i thought you had to give it back when you change trucks and then get the same unit fitted to your next truck or if you aren’t going to germany again just leave it at the garage?
i think the form you have to sign tells you the obu is the property of toll collect along with the instruction manuals and that if you don’t return it when you have finished with it you are liable for the cost of the obu?
when we replace trucks we will take them in and get the unit taken out then the following week take the new truck in and have the unit put back in, the only thing we are not sure about is the antenna, my boss is thinking of leaving them on and buying a replacement for the new truck.

You are right the kit is the property of Toll Collect and I took it out of the last truck and I’ll be dropping it back into them when I get a chance. I am still holding fire on installing an OBU in the new vehicle as I am not too sure what is happening work wise at the moment and I am not going to fork out a couple of hundred quid to have something installed that I may only use a few times a year, if at all.

i didn’t know you were able to uninstall it yourself, mind you if we are going to be refitting them to the replacement trucks then there isn’t much point removing them ourselves, we might as well leave it to the pro’s.
i’ll bet there are a lot of companies around europe that don’t bother taking them out or sending them back when they quit transport.
i suppose if a company goes pop and doesn’t send the obu’s back there is very little toll collect could do about it, by the time they find out the obu’s are not being used anymore and try to claim the costs back the receivers have already split what they could of the companies finances and payed out to any creditors.
it’s going to cost toll collect a fortune over the years at the current rate of bankruptcies.

I’m not sure if you are supposed to take them out yourself or not, but it doesn’t matter now as I did anyway. :wink: :smiley:

It is only a matter of unplugging a couple of leads, no more complicated than installing or removing a radio in a vehicle. I didn’t remove the wiring, as I can’t really see the service partner doing that anyway, and I know the person who is buying my old unit and he will be having an OBU installed. The installation for him will amount to not much more than plugging the OBU in and applying the seal to the cables. I also left the antenna because I think you start messing with that and you are bound to end up with water getting into the cab when it rains or the vehicle is washed.