Toll Routes to Spain

I have the possibility of some regular work from the UK down to Valencia, can anybody please give me an idea of the toll costs for both routes Calais - Lyon - Barcelona & Either Cherbourg or Le Havre- Nantes - Bordeaux
Thanks

Tim is this any good for Spainhttp://www.autopistas.com/ing/index_ie.htm

will have a further look and see if i can find afrench one for you,

autoroutes.fr/index.php
here is the french site

and here is the site for the EUROVINGETTE ;shows where you can get it.
both sites can be switched to english

Here we go again!!
Calais, Lyon, Barca is damned expensive!!! nearly tolled the whole route

We ship to Caen or Cherbourg and then down to Rennes, Nantes, Bordeaux, Irun, Pamplona, Tudela, Zaragoza, Valencia. The total cost of tolls going this way is, erm, hold on lol, €88.35 … and thats using the toll roads the whole way!!!
In at least 30 seconds, someone will come on and tell you that is not the way to go. Its up to you. You can listen to someone who does this route week in, week out or someone who done it 20 years ago or someone who only knows what they are told.

@ Bear question how far is it the way you go please ,and where do you fill up,

what is wrong with the Luxemburg route as surely the
cheaper fuel makes it worth the while also it can not
be that much further.plus the average speed and
roads will be better I thought,

fedemac.com/_pdf_information … e-2006.pdf
here is asite for the french driveing bans

brit pete:
Luxemburg route

:open_mouth: Ay ? :confused:

But ,Cherburg or Le Havre.?

Luxembourg■■? Erm, you are joking, Pete?
Refuelling all depends on the motor! The guy I worked for earlier this year had 1300 litre tanks on his DAF and if I refilled at the Spanish border at what was then 96 cents a litre, I could run up to the UK and back to Spain without refuelling. It is still only 98 cents a litre in Spain now, €1.16 in Portugal and €1.20 in France.
As for the roads and average speed, I did say that I used the toll roads!!! It is motorway all the way from Cherbourg to Irun now! but only costs €67.90 from Nantes to Bordeaux and €18.30 through the 3 Peages at the bottom of the forest. If you want to pay another €9, you can then run motorways from Irun to Zaragosa although I only use them from Pamplona to Tudela. There is a new motorway from Zaragosa to Valencia that must be nearly finished now. You don’t even see towns like Tureul anymore!!! So I think your average speed etc theory goes out the window, Pete

As I said … here we go again.

BEAR how far is it useing your route as i did ask before,from Calais
via Luxemburg,Lyon is 1913KMS ;you have givena optionfrom other
ports but what if Tim ,HAS TO GO via CALAIS,which way then is the
better route,in your opinion then,bear in mind that we have the
french summer driveing ban period in force as well at present.

BEAR just had a lookseeat the price of fuel in
Luxemburg it stands at €0.87.4 cents a
liter,plus you get the VAT back as well,

The route mentioned by The Bear is by far the shortest, quickest and cheapest even though the new motorway is not complete it now runs from Calamocha to well on the other side of Teruel.

Vascoingles:
The route mentioned by The Bear is by far the shortest, quickest and cheapest even though the new motorway is not complete it now runs from Calamocha to well on the other side of Teruel.

Thank you, Vas … I’m glad someone else knows what they are talking about. Its ok going through Luxembourg, I suppose, if you have all the time in the world to get there lol
Going the way I do, I can get from Caen to the Peage on the A7 at the end of the ring road below Valencia in 2 cards

TheBear I think anyone with any knowledge at all would go your way. The others just like a discussion. I mean if cheap diesel is the priority you can always swing by Romania on your way to Valencia…?

harry:
TheBear I think anyone with any knowledge at all would go your way. The others just like a discussion. I mean if cheap diesel is the priority you can always swing by Romania on your way to Valencia…?

PMSL Harry, it wasn’t a dig at you, mate, but I think where you see I was aiming at

Bear ,Tim said CALAIS so may be he has no option but to go via Calais and if you readmy post i asked wjhich way would you suggest also how far is it going your way ,just as a matter of intrest

TheBear No worries. I heard you right the first time. :wink:

Bear ,as you posted your routes are shorter
but Tim asked for a Route FROM Calais
to Valencia, and yes the shorter route is
through France , but the route via LUX
is only 249 km more as that from Calais
and direct through France AND THE FUEL
which you said costs €1.20 in FRANCE
this is a difference of 0.33cents plus the returned
VAT . IF the unit has a capacity of 1500liters
to me it is worth it also the crossing from
Calais is shorter so one can use any time left
to drive down the road a bit, But this all depends
on whose paying the ferrys and which ones
are allowed to be used, Again it all depends
on where he he is loading, and which ferrys he
is allowed to use,

Reckon you have a real good point there, Pete. You have the added advantage of chopping of the horrible Autoroute from Calais to Paris, is that the A26?, and the peage from Langres down isn’t so bad. Can’t remember that well now. Amazing how fast you forget.

brit pete:
Bear ,Tim said CALAIS so may be he has no option but to go via Calais and if you readmy post i asked wjhich way would you suggest also how far is it going your way ,just as a matter of intrest

Even from Calais it is still cheaper and quicker to go down via Bordeaux and over the border at Irun, thats the way the Dutch go unless they are going to Barcelona or Tarragona areas.