TOILETS (Again)

Yeah i know what your thinking :unamused: Oh no! Mr.Vain’s off again! I tipped at lidl’s at Belvedere this morning. The toilet at the ambient end was considered out of order cos there was no lock or lightbulb. So with that in mind i decided to wait until i got to my next drop, Waitrose at Aylesford. Walked into the toilets and much to my surprise they were clean (not spotless) and tidy and smelt clean too. But it got me thinking, why don’t we name and shame? Then maybe (if allowed?) we can have Loo of the year awards awarded on behalf of TRUCKNET UK? And maybe crapiest crapper of the year award? At the very least it would be a pat on the back for the owners of the best and a kick up the arse for the worst? Just a thought? Is this such a bad idea?

Well don’t be shy people, i’d of thought someone would of had one in mind to moan about?

british sugar newark, allied mills tilbury, bunge tilbury, ipswich docks cliff quay side, drivers toilets never ever get cleaned then you wonder why we have infections no hot running water these are food factorys. every time you go to some places we are having an audit today every where brushed up nice and clean they are NEVER shown the toilets the best toilets are adm erith now after they got into trouble from hse. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :exclamation: :exclamation:

just remembered what about some garages bp long sutton bypass toilets closed you have to beg at little shef its not right. It seems to me that uk toilets are 1 star continent 4 star

i think its a good idea, best and worst awards.

havn’t been for a while, but was never impressed with the “drivers” toilet, at wilkinsons, magor.

toilets at orwell truckstop, and the showers, for that matter, are always 100 % spotless.
think orwell works, coz they have a regular cleaner, who keeps the toilets and showers mint. i know it costs £2.50 for a shower, but if thats the price too pay, for such good facilities, then i’ll pay it all day long.

with regards the worst. are we our own worst enemies, the state of some of the loo’s at truckstops and caffs, can be diabolical. i suppose its another case, of the minority, spoiling it for the majority.

Well Sommerfields on the A46 near Evesham Must win hands down.
I’ll be passing on sunday so I’m gonna take a photo and pass it to Sommerfields as well

No lock
No light
No soap
No dryer
Smells
Looks like [zb] all over the walls
Dont know if the water works or if you have to P on yourhands which would prob be better

auto censor dodge removed…colingl

Tesco’s at Middlewich. Went there for the first time last week and if first impressions count, mine was a bad un. When I went to book in it was packed so, being new to the place and not knowing where to go, I went back to my cab to read the paper. Anyway the shunter came and told me I wasn’t allowed to wait in my cab and asked me to go and wait in the ‘drivers waiting area’, which, unbeknown to me, turned out to be the few hard seats in front of the traffic office desk I’d just been stood by :unamused: . Whilst I was sat there I kept feeling things landing on me, little midgey type things crawling on my arms and on my head. After about 10 minutes I couldn’t stand it anymore and decided to go to the toilet for a wash because the place made me feel itchy and grubby. I wish I’d not bothered. The light wasn’t working, there was no lock on the door, there was toilet paper all over the absolutely soaking floor and there was a smell of stale urine that could strip wallpaper. When i looked the toilet was half full of pee and, surprise surprise…it didn’t flush. I didn’t dare touch anything and I felt dirtier after coming out than I did when I went in. You should be supplied with a noddy suit and respirator before being allowed in there (thats a suit for nuclear, biological and chemical warfare for the civvies amongst you)
The place is an absolute disgrace and that, ladies and gentlemen, is my nomination for crappiest crapper of the year :open_mouth:

truckerbuster:
british sugar newark, allied mills tilbury, bunge tilbury, ipswich docks cliff quay side, drivers toilets never ever get cleaned then you wonder why we have infections no hot running water these are food factorys. every time you go to some places we are having an audit today every where brushed up nice and clean they are NEVER shown the toilets the best toilets are adm erith now after they got into trouble from hse. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Have to agree about ADM Erith went yesterday spotless toilets but as you say the rest are dire

MR VAIN:
But it got me thinking, why don’t we name and shame? Then maybe (if allowed?) we can have Loo of the year awards awarded on behalf of TRUCKNET UK? And maybe crapiest crapper of the year award? At the very least it would be a pat on the back for the owners of the best and a kick up the arse for the worst? Just a thought? Is this such a bad idea?

Are you nominating the one under your passenger seat then? Cos we’d all have to try it! I can just see the queue of drivers forming while you’re parked on a Tesco bay, each with a rolled up newspaper under their arm and a packet of wet wipes in their arse pocket. :smiley: Might have to leave the sun roof open a notch or two. :wink:

DaiDap:

MR VAIN:
But it got me thinking, why don’t we name and shame? Then maybe (if allowed?) we can have Loo of the year awards awarded on behalf of TRUCKNET UK? And maybe crapiest crapper of the year award? At the very least it would be a pat on the back for the owners of the best and a kick up the arse for the worst? Just a thought? Is this such a bad idea?

Are you nominating the one under your passenger seat then? Cos we’d all have to try it! I can just see the queue of drivers forming while you’re parked on a Tesco bay, each with a rolled up newspaper under their arm and a packet of wet wipes in their arse pocket. :smiley: Might have to leave the sun roof open a notch or two. :wink:

Erm, well, um, mmm, well you see, um, NO! Sorry, no can do. Underseat crapper not even started yet. Sorry. :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

If they were licenced then they would have to comply.
no one cares less about drivers than traffic commisioners.
If they did care then they would introduce a licencing system which would cover the welfare of drivers.

limeyphil:
If they were licenced then they would have to comply.
no one cares less about drivers than traffic commisioners.
If they did care then they would introduce a licencing system which would cover the welfare of drivers.

A good point, well said. (we won’t be holding our breath )

i nominate tankclean purfleet and tankclean felixstowe, absoulute dump, had to use the purfleet toilets yesterday morning, they were flithy. also in the grotty rest room they had two grotty women who turned up in a grotty car covered in dog hairs (them not the car) who proceded to set up a buttie bar in said grotty rest room. i declinded politely the offer of a sandwich!!. tank washes in general in the uk are a joke, abroad the toilets are spotless on the whole, as are the washes themsleves and most have free coffee!.. :slight_smile:

wirralpete:
absoulute dump,

Does that mean You did, or It was? :laughing:

:laughing: you dont wat to know phil…

Yes I think an awards would be good, however I think it would have to be pretty public, or at least get published in the industry press, for them to sit up and take note.
Companies don’t want to do good for the sake of it, they want to do good to be seen doing good.

If there were an award scheme I would make an effort to hold on till I got too a good 'un for sure!

Although one visit from me after a good curry could take 'em down a few ranking places for sure :wink:

Alex

You want to try having a crap in a tyre factory. You get a black ring around your err, ring from the carbon black they use :stuck_out_tongue:

Most of the worse crappers are wherever the trainee terrorist works, as they practice balancing while standing on the seat while splashing water from a plastic bottle towards a black hole and facing mecca.

when i got my first job driving trucks every thing was fine untill some bloke said to me “boy you lot are TRAMPS ON WHEELS” I will never forget it maybe we can save some poor old lad who sees all the trucks going up and down on the motorway thinking what a good job. Lad every time you see a truck its going somewhere to be [zb] up and the poor driver will never make it home.

If it needs stars it’s not allowed. L.

MR VAIN:
‘…Waitrose at Aylesford…Walked into the toilets and much to my surprise they were clean…’

The one next to Chilled…by the posh break-area?

The one saying ‘Partners only’…! The hand-cream is always a blue-chip treat too.

This seems like a good place for a dirty trucker post. Apart from some old trout taking her clouts off in Ashford last night, I was at the bar when I overheard a story of plastic ■■■■ bottles and carrier bags full of defecation :smiley:

Last week, before an expected council visit, the cleaners went out onto the approach road to cut the grass and pick up litter. They filled two and a half wheeled industrial bins with crap and ■■■■ :open_mouth:

I bet they smelt sweet on the way home :blush: