Toddington s/b plug-ins

Was having a 45 at the above and noticed these, they’re not free, you have to ring up to either set up an account or pay there and then by card for the usage,
What do you all think and has anybody noticed them anywhere else

Take it they are for the fridges?
We have them on our place but they never get used,probably because red diesel is cheaper than electric,maybe I dunno.

I would like to think that if they are using an electic motor then it would be a lot quieter than a diesel one.

I don’t know of any haulier who runs fridges ,who puts plug in leads in their trucks so drivers can run their fridges off electric whilst out on the roads,

Tossco Peterborough use electric for loading, I think it’s for noise reduction purposes.

No different to ferry hookups - same idea.

Mmmm part funded by “TEN-T”
ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/road/parking/
They don’t half seem to faff about but i suppose Europe is a biggish place,
Wonder if they will get to sorting the parking out ?

tommy t:
I don’t know of any haulier who runs fridges ,who puts plug in leads in their trucks so drivers can run their fridges off electric whilst out on the roads,

They would need a frecin long cable.

Suedehead:

tommy t:

That’s exactly why these won’t get used,at our place the cables are attached to the unit so you just pulled up and plugged it into your fridge,no one runs round with cable long enough to reach from the power point to the fridge in the off chance they will come across one of these points,unless the services have the cables but if they do they will probably want a big returnable deposit to make sure Johnny Foreigner doesn’t disappear with the cable.

ckm1981:

Suedehead:

tommy t:

That’s exactly why these won’t get used,at our place the cables are attached to the unit so you just pulled up and plugged it into your fridge,no one runs round with cable long enough to reach from the power point to the fridge in the off chance they will come across one of these points,unless the services have the cables but if they do they will probably want a big returnable deposit to make sure Johnny Foreigner doesn’t disappear with the cable.

The sign says that the driver must supply the cable himself.
You won’t need a long cable either, the points are at the end of the bays, roughly where your fridge plug-in will end up