Todays wincanton driving assesment

hi thanks for the previous advise about the drive assesment ,i went today for 9 o’clock lovely guy did a eye test(read number plate at dist),then was asked to show how to do you daily check the trailer hook up 30 minute drive return to depot reverse onto bay between 2 trailers (took 2 shunts and went better than i was dreading)then un couple ,thanks we will be in touch ,any way phone call tonight to say have got the job yay , go in and do a days training some shunting under supervision to get some practice then on shift day after ,so there it is even tho i only passed my test 2 weeks ago someone is going to give me a chance ,so here i am ready for the big wide world of artics … :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley:

BIG CONGRATS MATE
Hope all goes well just take your time look/learn and ask :smiley: for you

Brilliant deano well done!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

deanobeano:
hi thanks for the previous advise about the drive assesment ,i went today for 9 o’clock lovely guy did a eye test(read number plate at dist),then was asked to show how to do you daily check the trailer hook up 30 minute drive return to depot reverse onto bay between 2 trailers (took 2 shunts and went better than i was dreading)then un couple ,thanks we will be in touch ,any way phone call tonight to say have got the job yay , go in and do a days training some shunting under supervision to get some practice then on shift day after ,so there it is even tho i only passed my test 2 weeks ago someone is going to give me a chance ,so here i am ready for the big wide world of artics … :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley:

well done mate!!

ive a driving assesment with wincanton myself tomorrow, been told to be there a 7 am sharp tomorrow morning . how long did your assesment take?

Nice one matey, well done.

How much experience have you had driving rigids??

WELL DONE :smiley: :smiley:

garnerlives:
Nice one matey, well done.

How much experience have you had driving rigids??

been driving rigids 4 1/2 years , i think the key is taking your time double check everything and keep learning

Richardf1fan:

deanobeano:

well done mate!!

ive a driving assesment with wincanton myself tomorrow, been told to be there a 7 am sharp tomorrow morning . how long did your assesment take?

started at 9 finished at 11.20 i think being a newbie he maybe spent a bit longer running things through with me i:e todays drive was in a auto■■? thats what i thought when i got in the cab but all was well, i got there 15 mins early just to show willing,dont forget hi viz boots and digi,what depot you going to

Well done Fella.

Fly sheet

deanobeano:

Richardf1fan:

deanobeano:

well done mate!!

started at 9 finished at 11.20 i think being a newbie he maybe spent a bit longer running things through with me i:e todays drive was in a auto■■? thats what i thought when i got in the cab but all was well, i got there 15 mins early just to show willing,dont forget hi viz boots and digi,what depot you going to

Alconbury…container work

ok good luck richard1fan :wink:

deanobeano:

cheers !! ill let you know how i get on. from what ive been told my assesment involves me going out with another driver , and doing a delivery ,and tacho test on return. been told ill be all morning!

good on ya, it`s a bleedin wonderful feeling when you get your first job after passing your test. I remember how chuffed I was when I passed my class 2 an got my first job on a 17tonner. That only lasted about 3 months though, first month or so was fine but then the job changed to multi-drop. 30 or so drops and collections in Manchester and area, everyday, not for me in a million years.

Well done lad, that’s great, didn’t even know Wincanton would assess you till you’d had 2yrs under your belt.

They won’t round here anyway, probably too many drivers here, so they can pick and choose?

Good luck to the other lad with the container 1, easiest work I’ve ever done, just get a laptop or a library card or something, and you’ll be fine :sunglasses:

Richardf1fan:

deanobeano:

cheers !! ill let you know how i get on. from what ive been told my assesment involves me going out with another driver , and doing a delivery ,and tacho test on return. been told ill be all morning!

well passed my driver assesment with wincanton , and start on monday week , was told there and then that i had passed , so that makes 2 starting with wincanton !!

i have my assesment on the “boxes” on saturday.
what vehicle checks did you do. i don’t know if they would expect me to check the fluids as i only do it once every couple of weeks on my own lorry.
ive never had to do a driving assesment and i don’t really know what im supposed to look at.

normally i just literally walk round it!

Well done mate, enjoy, great feeling

joedwyer1:
i have my assesment on the “boxes” on saturday.
what vehicle checks did you do. i don’t know if they would expect me to check the fluids as i only do it once every couple of weeks on my own lorry.
ive never had to do a driving assesment and i don’t really know what im supposed to look at.

normally i just literally walk round it!

on my assessment we walked around the lorry and i just told him the checks i would do but yes all the fluids as they will expect them checked daily,lights indic,brake lights,wipers ,screen,screen wash,tyres,body,lines,5th wheel,king pin croc clip,mudguards ,spray suspresion,fuel cap

Richardf1fan:

Richardf1fan:

deanobeano:

well passed my driver assesment with wincanton , and start on monday week , was told there and then that i had passed , so that makes 2 starting with wincanton !!

well done richard , :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

deanobeano:

joedwyer1:

on my assessment we walked around the lorry and i just told him the checks i would do but yes all the fluids as they will expect them checked daily,lights indic,brake lights,wipers ,screen,screen wash,tyres,body,lines,5th wheel,king pin croc clip,mudguards ,spray suspresion,fuel cap

nice one