Today's simple run

Had a text message from the Agency this morning (they like to communicate that way). Was I interested in doing a simple run from Rugby to Milton Keynes and back, starting at 0400?

Bit of an early start for not a lot of money - but on the other hand, I’d probably be finished mid morning, with the rest of the day to myself. I decided not to take it - I’ve been working a late shift for the past few days, and needed to catch up on my sleep.

So they offered me another simple run out, starting at DIRFT (just off M1 J18), with just one drop at Heywood, Lancs. Start time 2pm. Hmm - Should be back by about 10pm. Yes - I’ll do it.

My booking is for 5pm but very heavy traffic on M6 and M60 mean I don’t get ther until 5.45pm. Never mind, there’s only 14 pallets.

Forget the pallets - I reckon they must have taken the stuff off one box at a time - I didn’t get off the bay until after 10pm! Over 4 hours to tip a measly 17 tonne rigid…

So, I didn’t get finished until 0100, so here I am at 2 in teh morning, relaxing with a beer before I go to bed (where my wife will be fast asleep, as she has been every night for the past week by the time I’ve got to bed). Anyone know much about the divorce rules these days?

God I can’t wait to get on the road!

Just out of intrest who where you tipping at in heywood? Argos? I took 1 pallet there once in a transit they made me sit in a queue with all the artics then took the pallet off 1 hour later!

But hourly paid and thats all I had to do just 1 pallet to argos so I was laughing!

I can beat that…

Bristol last week, 12 pallets, NONE of which are over shin/knee height…

4hrs 15mins:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That’s 21mins 15 seconds PER pallet… :unamused:

Wouldn’t have minded if there were millions of tiny boxes on them, but they were trays of like 24 x yogurt, etc… AND… I was on the bay next to the smoking hut ,and I swear they were out atleast every 15mins for a ■■■… :imp: :imp:

Nevermind… ho-hum… Think of the money… :wink:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

I waited 4 hours at Morrisons Wakefield for them to check 12 pallets the other Day

And then the directors wonder why they are not making as much profit as they should and why TM’s get in a lather about route times because the lazy (zb)ing
(zb)'s at the RDC can’t be asked to do a half decent job ( probably hourly paid as well but forget that drive might have a 4 hour run back home).

Personally I have been very lucky with drops so far, guys have been really co-operative when it comes to off loading but a lot depends on your attitude towards them as well. There are of course those that just don’t want to help but excuse me mate if you don’t like your job FIND ANOTHER ONE, but don’t make our lives hell cos you don’t want to be there, and yes I do say that to those who are unco-operative.

Don’t take other peoples nonsense, it is their problem not yours.

cheers for now
gearjammer