Today

Does anyone know what those cameras are for before you come to the lights,before dartford tunnel?Is it speed or if you run the red light?

Very hectic round there today due to the over run of the work done in the right tunnel.

Also anyone collected from Macks in paddock wood?
I was there today and to be honest the office were very helpfull and there is a cafe to use etc.
They have some units too

Cheers

Its so you can get a souvenir picture at the end for £8, kind of like at the end of splash mountain. You can also get it on a mug or mouse pad for an extra fiver

The lights are there to hold traffic back for the Hazardous traffic to enter the tunnel from the holding area. So they are there to take a nice photo of those that dont quite stop in time

They are speed cameras to catch you out if your over the 40mph speed limit.

Sent from my SM-C115 using Tapatalk

I prefer to go for the leisurely boat trip whenever I need to cross the Thames. . :grimacing:

lizard:

Red light cameras seen them go of lots of times.Its 50 mph zone

Not sent from my iPhone not got one

fingermissing:

lizard:

It’s not 50 as you approach the tunnels, it’s 40 and it always has been.

lizard:

fingermissing:

lizard:

You are wrong, it is 50. What are you doing, trying to slow them down even further?

wheelnutt:

lizard:

fingermissing:

lizard:

You are wrong, it is 50. What are you doing, trying to slow them down even further?

No I’m right. I came through there an hour ago and double checked and if you look carefully there is 2 signs near the camera that says 40.

lizard:
No I’m right. I came through there an hour ago and double checked and if you look carefully there is 2 signs near the camera that says 40.

you may want to go and visit specsavers, for starters there are no limit signs near the camera, there are limit signs before, and yes they say 50, there are limit signs on the near side just after and yes that one says 50 and there are painted limit signs on the roadway and you guessed, they say 50.

There is even a helpful sign for us in the ■■■■■■ lane reminding us not to turn right and yes you got it a 50 speed limit sign…

Are you one of those muppets I always see throwing out the anchors just before the gantry, if so that explains a lot.

I go through there once or twice a day, yes I am one of the ones that cause the left bore to shut.

And to answer the OP’s question they are red light cameras, see them going off just about every time they shut the left bore for the ■■■■■■ when a few chance it.

Its 40. Checked Google maps. Its painted on the road and has two signs next to a variable speed limit gantry. Before you get to the where the old booths were. I’ve always remembered it before 40 on approach to the tunnel, 50 for the bridge.

Radar19:
Its 40. Checked Google maps. Its painted on the road and has two signs next to a variable speed limit gantry. Before you get to the where the old booths were. I’ve always remembered it before 40 on approach to the tunnel, 50 for the bridge.

I’ve just gone on Google and it says the speed limit is 50mph. It was 30mph on the approach when the work was being carried out. I typed into Google " what is the speed limit for the Dartford tunnel" and the first piece you can go to is on about the works being complete.

It was 40 when the barriers were there now they have gone its 50. Google maps is an old film when they update it it will show 50