Today is the day of C class training

Well today I start my C class training I start at 8am and I’m sh*ting it lol.

Good luck with it.

Good luck

Take a large bog roll then :wink:
Just listen and enjoy its only a big car

HaHa funny story the weekend before I started my cat C I ate a doggy chinese. Literally was ■■■■■■■■ myself on first day I seriously had a roll of bog roll in the van in case I had to stop on way to centre. Spent the day running in to use test centre loo everytime we stopped!!!

Well first day went ok to me. Messed the gears up 2 to 3 times with the little switch lol. Trainer said I was really good with my mirrors and for a first time of driving a truck I did very well but God am I nackered lol

devonlad2009:
Well first day went ok to me. Messed the gears up 2 to 3 times with the little switch lol. Trainer said I was really good with my mirrors and for a first time of driving a truck I did very well but God am I nackered lol

All day 2 to 1 training was it?

Yes ROG is sure was. The other student had done a weeks course before and so I was told on the test they had to stop the test so after seeing him drive I can understand why the poor bugger

How are you getting on with the training. I started 26th Jan too. Seen to be having trouble positioning on bends.

How are you getting on with the training. I started 26th Jan too. Seen to be having trouble positioning on bends.

Position on bends is reasonably simple. Because of the length of the vehicle, it needs more room than a car. You need to give it some thought on the approach to the bend and position before you get there. In simple terms, if the bend is to the left, move towards the centre of the road on the approach. If the bend is to the right, stay tucked in towards the kerbside.

The more you can see around either bend, the less effort is required. Make sure you can stop, comfortably, on the tarmac you can see to be clear and you’re speed will be fine as well.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

The other student had done a weeks course before and so I was told on the test they had to stop the test so after seeing him drive I can understand why

This is why I wont entertain training 2:1. This is a classic mis-match. Doesn’t mean it cant and wont work, but each candidate would be better off on their own IMO.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I was up near Atherton today, had a deliver right next to a test centre. They had 3 wagons in the yard, one bus and a load of cars coming and going. Give one guy a thumbs up on the way of the centre. Reminded me of my test last August. I didn’t like the fact that 3 examiners were looking at me as I backed it up to the loading door. I could just feel them telling the candidates “Now look at this prune, thats not how you do it!” :blush:

LOL

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Position on bends is reasonably simple. Because of the length of the vehicle, it needs more room than a car. You need to give it some thought on the approach to the bend and position before you get there. In simple terms, if the bend is to the left, move towards the centre of the road on the approach. If the bend is to the right, stay tucked in towards the kerbside.

The more you can see around either bend, the less effort is required. Make sure you can stop, comfortably, on the tarmac you can see to be clear and you’re speed will be fine as well.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

yeah it does thanks. I will put this into practice. It seems to make it harder when coming to roundabouts and concentrating on traffic and the positioning.

Yes Pete that does help. It makes it harder on roundabouts having to concentrate on traffic of positioning.

Well I ain’t going to lie to you guys but I’m doing ok still messing up on bits that I shouldn’t be and its a lot harder then I thought it was going to be

Devonlad-what in particular are you struggling with mate?

eagerbeaver:

Well there’s 2 corners which look and are ■■■■ easy and as I turn I rub the back wheel but when I do a tight corner etc I do them fine

Ask your instructor to take you to a quiet roundabout and go round it about 3 times. Its superb for ‘feeling’ how much lock is required to get close and then drift off the actual roundabout. I hope this makes sense-maybe one of the trainers on here could explain it better?

devonlad2009:

eagerbeaver:

Well there’s 2 corners which look and are ■■■■ easy and as I turn I rub the back wheel but when I do a tight corner etc I do them fine

Keep to the white line on your right and if needed wait and use extra road space in the road you are turning into - no swan necking = no swinging right just before turning