To wave or not to wave

Hi all
Do you all pass the time of day with other drivers ie. Wave as you drive past

I try and be polite to other truck drivers by holding the traffic on a roundabout to let the artic out as i am coming off or i wave to other truckers as I pass them (yes Eddie Stobart style)
not just the same company but i do try and get everyone and i do get the same response from other truckers.

Does anyone else do this

Only same company, don’t really see the point in doing it to other drivers, never had it done to me either. Might take it slower round a roundabout if there’s another one trying to get out on the other side.

I will always let another driver know if I think somethings wrong with their vehicle though and always give a flash in etc.

I thought waving at other companies was restricted to just tipper drivers as when I did agency for Warburtons, many other bakery drivers just blanked me. On the flour, I tend not to see our other drivers on the road as we’re all on different routes but Heygates and Clarks drivers will wave, despite there being a lot of competition between the flour milling companies.

I waved to an RPL (another Milton Keynes company) Driver the other day, when I was up north aomewhere. I might as well have given him the ‘V’ sign from the look he gave me. (miserable Git)

same company yes, don’t see too many on night’s tho:-(

if there’s a cop up the road, yes.

there’s one nutcase works same company in reading who always gives a ■■■■ salute… whatever floats ya boat.

random trucks, if they wave I wave back :slight_smile: like I say I don’t really see many.

Only to same co or partners or to someone I recognise of course (ESL drivers cos it said so on telly :laughing: ). Although some drivers don’t/haven’t understood their company structure, with some KOO rigid drivers you’d have thought I’d just got their daughters pregnant.

MADBAZ:
Only to same co or partners or to someone I recognise of course (ESL drivers cos it said so on telly :laughing: ). Although some drivers don’t/haven’t understood their company structure, with some KOO rigid drivers you’d have thought I’d just got their daughters pregnant.

What sign were you making to make them think that■■? :smiley:

drivergraham:
…i wave to other truckers as I pass them (yes Eddie Stobart style) not just the same company but i do try and get everyone…

You must do a lot of waving; doesn’t your arm get tired? :smiley:

Years ago if a driver I didn’t know waved at me I’d think he/she was a friendly fellow driver and wave back :smiley:

These days I just wonder what the [zb]s going on :grimacing:

tachograph:
Years ago if a driver I didn’t know waved at me I’d think he/she was a friendly fellow driver and wave back :smiley:

These days I just wonder what the [zb]s going on :grimacing:

that’s why u carry lube :open_mouth: then :laughing:

I’ll slow up on the r-about to give a driver the chance to get moving since some of the auto trucks take for ever to kick in

I drive for Ocado and I get all other supermarkets waving at me, I just ignore them. I never see DHL waving at FedEx.

unless I know the driver,or from same company dont tend to wave at them , but waiting in traffic often get a few smiles , so respond in the same manner , makes the day a bit better an every one likes a smile :wink: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Nope i’m a miserable git. Wave at nobody.

Seewper drivers from all companies seem to wave, I always wave back can’t do any harm.

I always try my best to wave to everyone 7.5t above

Ec11 drivers wave at other ec11 drivers. :slight_smile:

Recovery, Tippers, Heavies, Coaches etc all wave regardless of company.

I would wave to same firm drivers, Drivers from Crabtrees in Deceuninck motors, as I knew them from previous employment, and anyone who waved to me.