To the maru international driver this morning

You sir are a ■■■■■■. Coming down the Elland bypass. Approx 300yards before the merge in turn sign he decides to swing out and straddle both lanes. Causing a bigger build up than their already was. Why do people seem to think they have the right to over rule what the traffic signs? The signs that say ‘use both lanes’

Well done for causing more traffic than was necessary this morning

Sometimes get that here too. At least if you’re in a truck, there’s a chance you can take his mirror off while he’s pretending to be a traffic cop. [zb] muppets.

On a par with the knobhead from Simon Gibson who decided to straddle 2 lanes at the Junction 19 M6 roundabout, only to decide red lights didn’t apply to him and set off nearly wiping out someone exiting the motorway, ■■■■ knows where these idiots get their licence.

why weren’t you in the correct lane at 300yards? its people who do this then force in causing others to break that cause the jams/tailbacks. good on him for stopping people trying to hit the first cone before pulling in!

I will admit I am guilty of this. I take great joy in stopping those ■■■■■ that fly down the right to bully their way back in further on (A5 in Hinckley by that pub, right for A47, past the ALDI and petrol station for A47 the other way on left). It’s straight on both lanes and right on the right. The amount of AUDI’S and Mercs that speed down at about 60 then shove their way in front of some poor learner. Annoys me way too much. I always protect learners where I can, because I remember what it was like when I started.

And if it holds 1 person up for an extra minute, I don’t give a single toss. If they’ve got a problem they can come and tell me.

war1974:
why weren’t you in the correct lane at 300yards? its people who do this then force in causing others to break that cause the jams/tailbacks. good on him for stopping people trying to hit the first cone before pulling in!

It’s a dual carriageway merging into one lane. It’s notorious for queuing , hence the signs ‘use both lanes’ to shorten the tailbacks. I suppose reading and understanding isn’t some people’s strong point.

So people who purposely block 2 lanes aren’t causing hold ups?

hmm fair enough misread the post but it still causes tailbacks this very british merge in turn thing we have, if everyone was in one lane it would move at the same speed if not quicker.

Although I like a nice zip merge I also like to get in lane early and tootle along letting folk in its much more relaxing than fighting for position. I also like to bollock it up an empty lane and pick a spot to merge if that’s the best option or I’m commited.

Self appointed road marshals are nearly as bad as online squealers, it’s so 90’s blocking both lanes but great for me if I’m in front of them.

being a 90’s kind of bloke then that’s answered it fully for me cheers dave!

I also hate these self appointed traffic coppers who block lanes off just so everyone queues politely. They’re the sort that tut if I suddenly switch to a different queue in the supermarket when another til opens up.
Having said that, I do like to pass a load of traffic, go right around a roundabout and have a laugh at them sitting there. :smiling_imp:

htfc1984:

war1974:

It’s a dual carriageway merging into one lane. It’s notorious for queuing , hence the signs ‘use both lanes’ to shorten the tailbacks. I suppose reading and understanding isn’t some people’s strong point.

he was using both lanes so whats the problem? :grimacing: :grimacing: :laughing:

There are 300 yards of unused road! If they wanted traffic to merge there (where self appointed traffic management decide) the signs would dictate it.

Merge in turn and USE the road!!!

I had a row and lorry driver gave me coffee signals, stopped, wound passenger window down and asked why. He’d been queuing half mile, I pointed out that the road went into one lane half mile further on, not a mile back!! Proceeded and merged in turn :wink:

dri-diddly-iver:
There are 300 yards of unused road! If they wanted traffic to merge there (where self appointed traffic management decide) the signs would dictate it.

Merge in turn and USE the road!!!

I had a row and lorry driver gave me coffee signals, stopped, wound passenger window down and asked why. He’d been queuing half mile, I pointed out that the road went into one lane half mile further on, not a mile back!! Proceeded and merged in turn :wink:

Well said. Fill the road space, that’s what it’s there for.

Ooooooo you clever boy !

burnley-si:

htfc1984:

war1974:

he was using both lanes so whats the problem? :grimacing: :grimacing: :laughing:

The only problem is the [zb] muppets I mentioned earlier.

htfc1984:
You sir are a ■■■■■■. Coming down the Elland bypass. Approx 300yards before the merge in turn sign he decides to swing out and straddle both lanes. Causing a bigger build up than their already was. Why do people seem to think they have the right to over rule what the traffic signs? The signs that say ‘use both lanes’

Well done for causing more traffic than was necessary this morning

He used both Lanes if i understand right :bulb:

I hate this going on blocking lanes because it states there are road works ahead. I could not count the amount of times there has been no lanes closed as the cones are not out or they have been removed. If im in a truck im happy to sit on the inside lane and let cars filter in towards the cones as when i am in my car i want to use the outside lane and filter in.

del trotter:
On a par with the knobhead from Simon Gibson who decided to straddle 2 lanes at the Junction 19 M6 roundabout, only to decide red lights didn’t apply to him and set off nearly wiping out someone exiting the motorway, [zb] knows where these idiots get their licence.

:laughing: :laughing: from you with that name :sunglasses: :sunglasses: got eney cheep bacci :smiley: :smiley:

Self appointed road marshals are nearly as bad as online squealers, it’s so 90’s blocking both lanes but great for me if I’m in front of them.
[/quote]
+1
self appointed road marshalls,online touts,dashcam warriors,…just complete and utter fannys.
if your in a hurry,belt up to the cones and cram your way in…if your ok for time,just toodle along in the queue of lemmings.
it is annoying if you merge too early and the cars and vans overtake you…but if I was driving a car or van,thats what id be doing anyway,you only notice it when your stuck in a truck.when the road warriors do it in front of you at roadworks,or the 50 in a 50 average camera fanys,then you ust wish tobe Ronnie pickering for 10 mins,ram them into the verge,and beat them to a pulp…samehorse,different jockey…