To Nervous

Hi Guys, I know this might seem silly, but i past my C+E in November 09 and have driven twice since then… Ive been put forward for some Assesments and as its been 2 months since ive past i feel ive lost confidence in being able to remember everything plus the pressure of an assesor sitting next to me.

I turnt down a chance to be assesed at Saisnburys after being told if i fail it i would have to wait 6 months to try again…

I `m worried of getting the reverse right,the coupling right god i sound like a right tart!!

any advise would be great

Daz

If you can afford it have a few hours with a training school but make sure any reversing is done for real - not cones.

If you cannot afford it - Do you have a contact where you can ‘help out’ for a short while ? :wink:
Do you know any owner drivers who will sit next to you whilst you drive for them for a day for free ?

I Rog negative to all 3 there sorry

Daz

Darren W:
I Rog negative to all 3 there sorry

Daz

In that case it’s take a deep breathe and go for it and regard it as a learning curve if you do not get the job

Throw yourself in at the deep end, tell them you have recently passed, say if they can give you any pointers to better your techniques to be forthcoming with them, that lets them know you are new to it, plus they might be more lenient with you and take your newness into account. On the negative side if you don’t pass it, you’ve had half an hour or so depending how long the drive is of free refresher training, and might have picked up some tips in that time too. The only way you will get confidence and experience is taking that jump and going for it.

garnerlives:
Throw yourself in at the deep end, tell them you have recently passed, say if they can give you any pointers to better your techniques to be forthcoming with them, that lets them know you are new to it, plus they might be more lenient with you and take your newness into account. On the negative side if you don’t pass it, you’ve had half an hour or so depending how long the drive is of free refresher training, and might have picked up some tips in that time too. The only way you will get confidence and experience is taking that jump and going for it.

i would second that mate be as honest as you can try not to be clever go there as thought it was you first lesson and try to enjoy the fact that you in the big toys and lean from it enjoy enjoy enjoy

Darren, don’t worry about the two months not driving, I didn’t get my first drive for about three or four months after passing and it all comes back to you immediately.

As regards the assessment just relax and be chatty,as assessments are not only about driving but to find out more about you and your attitude and personality.

Don’t forget it’s only a drive around and they can’t take your licence off you if you fail and as others have said it’s a free refresher :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks guys for the kind words, you know what really gets my goat though ( no laughing now!!) ive held my pcv licence for 15 years yet cos you aint got two years driving exp loadsa places arnt interested in me

thanks again

daz

When i went for my assessment at Sainsbury’s i’d not long passed my test, though i was driving class 2 a lot before so was used to the general size of the thing (width ways) and it went well… bite the bullet and go for it, worst case it’s a bit more experience,.