To do or not to do......

Good afternoon everybody, am looking for a bit of advice. I passed both C & C+E this summer and made some tentative enquiries about doing some w/end work and got told by a mate that i could get a start on walking floors as winter drew closer and he would be in touch. However having heard nothing i decided to go & have a chat with some agencies, one of which has offered me some work doing night shifts down country,swap trailer and home. then lo & behold my mate phones and said there will be work with them in a fortnight. Now i dont no what to do.Night shift is better money, but walking floor is on my doorstep. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Why only consider weekend work :question:

is anything stopping you from trying both things and then choosing the one you like most?

You say the agency is better money, but does that include travelling time?
I personally would divide my hours out of the house by the average day rate and view that as the hourly rate…

Sorry I should have given more info. I am currently working full-time on a farm although this will come to an end within the next 6 months. If I do the agency work boss has agreed to most of Friday off to cover WTD but is not going to be happy if I turn up late Mon a m if things go ■■■■ up Sun night. The walking floor work is as & when. I’m not to fussed about the money at the min cos it’s the experience I’m after.

scotty666:
Sorry I should have given more info. I am currently working full-time on a farm although this will come to an end within the next 6 months. If I do the agency work boss has agreed to most of Friday off to cover WTD but is not going to be happy if I turn up late Mon a m if things go ■■■■ up Sun night. The walking floor work is as & when. I’m not to fussed about the money at the min cos it’s the experience I’m after.

WTD for farm work and driving is seperate so that would not be an issue

The weekly rest requirements for the EU tacho regs will be as you need at least 45 hours off in one go every other week and at least 24 off in the other weeks

I’m juggling two jobs at the moment, and an understanding boss is really important. I’ve just finished within a whisker of turning into a pumpkin after close to a 15 hour shift. Any later and I’d be on a night out for sure, with another boss in another job wondering why I’ve not turned up to work tomorrow morning. I’d get away with it, I’ve earned enough brownie points over the years, but it is worth being aware of the potential volatility of driving work.

Both jobs have pro’s & cons. Agency have offered me regular work albeit at night & I don’t want to fall out with them cos I might need to go back someday. Walking floor won’t be as regular but as I said it’s on my doorstep. The Wife says I should just toss a coin and she may just be right.