To all the trainers on here

Please read and take note:

We really do appreciate the time and effort you all make with potential drivers on these forums, many on here have benefited greatly from your advice.
But we are a business, and there has been some pretty flagrant marketing happening, we now ask you to stop. Please confine yourselves to offering general advice.

If you want to make a “special offer” talk to us first, if you don’t they will be deleted in future.

Like you guys we have bills to pay too, and it is unfair to those who help us pay the bills to allow you to market free of charge.

We have let it happen this time, but we cant let it happen again

I cannot agree more Rikki-UK, I have kept an eye on the forum for years and it certainly seemed to be becoming a medium that a few trainers seemed to be of the opinion that it was their own promotional portal, time will tell if this remains. I will watch with interest.

Alex McAra (HGV Training)

Lol

elmet training:
Lol

Class !!!

peeej48:

elmet training:
Lol

Class !!!

You can see I’m a trainer with a good sense of humour I make training enjoyable.

Paul :smiley:

ALEX MCARA:
I cannot agree more Rikki-UK, I have kept an eye on the forum for years and it certainly seemed to be becoming a medium that a few trainers seemed to be of the opinion that it was their own promotional portal, time will tell if this remains. I will watch with interest.

Alex McAra (HGV Training)

In respect I havent seen you write many posts offering advice to newbies like others. So why not join the conversation and offer your opinions instead of “watching with interest” your words.

elmet training:
Lol

Trouble with the site sometimes you cant tell whos posting lol :grimacing:

The one big advantage with training provided by a member is that the feedback is almost instant

Can we post pictures? of our trucks and trainees? Still counts as promotion but it does add interest, all this text can be a bit boring… I’ll be making some in cab video tomorrow, might post that too!

Training videos are fine, pictures of test passes and your trucks are promotion, unless uploaded by the person who passed

That’s fine, I can roll with that, the best promotion any company can get is done by their customers not themselves, do any driving schools offer incentives for customers to post on here…

I suspect a few might! But then I am quite cynical.

do any driving schools offer incentives for customers to post on here…

I suspect a few might! But then I am quite cynical.

Not saying it doesn’t happen, but I, in over 10 years, have not heard of it happening and even if does I have no way of policing it :slight_smile: I wouldn’t worry, most of the active trainers on here have a good enough reputation that they don’t need to resort to such measures

do any driving schools offer incentives for customers to post on here…

Absolutely not. And, whilst we do attract some candidates from this site, the vast majority come from elsewhere.

I look forward to all the Tockwith pictures uploaded by their candidates.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

there seems to be a few trainers on here who do plug their business on the forum, they also appear to help lots of newbies with advice and give them confidence too. sometimes plugging and helping go hand in hand, (what we do is this/ we find this method works well/ we use this or that vehicle) I passed with Laurie at Tockwith training, my photo has been posted on here by Laurie but it was on my own post. I haven’t seen any trainers here knocking anybody else and in fact i’ve seen trainers here recommending the others if they are better located for newbies asking for advice. would this count as marketing? to be honest, the free advertising and networking they get is worth their contribution on the forum,in my opinion. the advertising space you sell is only worth the audience it gets to and if more people are looking its better for the paying advertisers.

by the way, the reason I used Tockwith for mine was the high profile presence of their very smart vehicles in the area I worked, and their local reputation. I saw them week in week out for years. I’ve since seen people like Peter Smythe and Elmet etc, who I’ve never seen until I was here, trainers who, it has become obvious to me since joining, are honourable and reputable trainers who can impart lots of advice and knowledge to potential drivers, who in turn, see all the ads!

of course, people who don’t find the trainers helpful or approachable may just not continue to come on the site.

rick parfitt:
there seems to be a few trainers on here who do plug their business on the forum, they also appear to help lots of newbies with advice and give them confidence too. sometimes plugging and helping go hand in hand, (what we do is this/ we find this method works well/ we use this or that vehicle) I passed with Laurie at Tockwith training, my photo has been posted on here by Laurie but it was on my own post. I haven’t seen any trainers here knocking anybody else and in fact i’ve seen trainers here recommending the others if they are better located for newbies asking for advice. would this count as marketing? to be honest, the free advertising and networking they get is worth their contribution on the forum,in my opinion. the advertising space you sell is only worth the audience it gets to and if more people are looking its better for the paying advertisers.

A very good and justified write up for Laurie at Tockwith. I use to work for them so can vouch for there good reputation.

We both use the same test centre so consequently see them every day. I don’t class them as a competitor as I am only a small company so don’t need a great chunk of the market in the local area. In fact I like to think we can work together as we both offer different vehicle combinations.

Must go now 8.30am test this morning but at least an early finish.