To all following my case

You wished me good luck some time ago… I promised to keep you up-to-date

There is still a long road, but today I gained help from Law Clinic and I hope that will help to push things forward :wink:

Shaft the ■■■■■■■■ for all they’re worth! :smiley:

What case Orys?

Obviously you are not following it :smiley:

I dragged some my former employer, McLellan’s Transport, to employment tribunal, as they owe me money for

• overtime
  • unused holidays
  • pay off period
  • last week worked for them

They claiming that I had accident and caused 1000s of damage, but it’s simply a lie. And they even never sent me my P45 or P60. All their grounds of resistance is just a bunch of lies and it’s contradictive to their next letters to ET.

But now they are in administration, so the things are a bit harder than I expected, but I will never allow them to go free… :slight_smile:

In last instance if I will not get my money, I will charge them anyway in broken windscreens or something :smiley: (joke).

Sorry to hear you have ended up working for a dishonest employer, I sincerely hope you give them a proper kicking through the courts and get whats owed to you.

My mate worked for them about 6 years ago, and they tried to do the same thing with him ?
Think he was only due a few hundred quid when he left the job, but they said he damaged the front bumper on a 7.5 renault,
And the money he thought he was due was being withheld to pay for it ? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
After several calls and letters to them, getting nowhere fast he was fed up and totally ■■■■■■ off being ignored,
His wife got her sister that works in the tax office to phone them and ask for details of the accident, total amount of money owed/withheld,
and a copy of the employment contract (that he had never even seen or signed )
Plus a few other questions regarding his previous pay,overtime, tax code, p45 etc etc etc
Only 3 days later a cheque for the full amount and his p45 dropped through his letterbox and he never heard anything from them again :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

orys:
But now they are in administration, so the things are a bit harder than I expected…

Hi orys, It’s harder because of the “administration.”

If it wasn’t for that, your claim would have been very straightforward because for a firm to deduct any money, they would have to have a document signed by you to say that you had agreed to a/those deduction(s.)
Of course, that doesn’t include deductions that are legally required, such as income tax and NI, because they can be taken without your consent.

I imagine that you didn’t have the possibility of ‘other’ deductions brought to your attention, or that you had signed to give your permission both in advance of the deduction(s) taking place.?

Give 'em hell by all legal means orys :wink:

Ory’s
Just a thought you might want to ring the tax office and pensions office and check that they have paid your tax and NI.
Last year I had a letter from the NI office saying that I hadnt paid enough into it and to bring me up to the amount required would be £X’s I rng and sent them mp p45 p60’s and all payslips to show that this amount was stopped by my employer … yep you got it he hadnt paid any of it but deducted it from my pay I asked them if I was needed to attend any hearings etc and they said no they would deal with it as they had my payslips etc that would be enough for them…
Just get it checked cause you dont want a bill for something you;ve paid into

dieseldave:
If it wasn’t for that, your claim would have been very straightforward because for a firm to deduct any money, they would have to have a document signed by you to say that you had agreed to a/those deduction(s.)

I signed that they can charge me for damage to company vehicle if that was caused by my negligence (i am not sure if that the good word for that I will to damage, or I was stupid, or drunk, or something like that).

But now they claim that I damaged hotel sign. As far as I know I wasn’t never driving any hotel sign for them and I don’t know that they are operating any hotel signs…

nick2008:
Ory’s
Just a thought you might want to ring the tax office and pensions office and check that they have paid your tax and NI.
Last year I had a letter from the NI office saying that I hadnt paid enough into it and to bring me up to the amount required would be £X’s I rng and sent them mp p45 p60’s and all payslips to show that this amount was stopped by my employer … yep you got it he hadnt paid any of it but deducted it from my pay I asked them if I was needed to attend any hearings etc and they said no they would deal with it as they had my payslips etc that would be enough for them…
Just get it checked cause you dont want a bill for something you;ve paid into

Thanks, that’s worth to know.

Ory if thats the case go the the hotel in question and ask to see there cctv they all have them nowadays.
I was accused of causing trouble with the security gaurd (i hadnt done anything apart from argueing with him a few weeks before).outside a major supermarket a couple of years ago i wrote a letter to them saying i’ll see them in court and to bring the cctv video tape to prove it was me.my solicitor was’nt impressed but i knew i had’nt done anything while waiting there.guess what never heard anything else.paid for a solicitor out of my own pocket for nothing.