TNT what are they like to work for

Hello drivers
My mate has been offered a driving job with the above company, he was asking me about it,but I haven’t a clue about them other than its mostly multi drop, can anyone shed any light on them?

Cheers

Is it a PUD driver? (Pick up and deliver)

I’ve just seen they’re advertising close to me, BUT the idea of 50-55 drops in an 18tonner really doesn’t do it for me.

I do not work for TNT but have been based at leeds and the Bradford depots for agency. I tried to get on there doing class 1 but it is nearly impossible. Drivers love it there, good training and very good pay rates. The HGV class 1 drivers are trained from the HGV class 2 pool so if you can get a job there I would snap it up. Every TNT employee I have talked to love it. :smiley:

Yes PUD driver lol, when he mentioned pud driver I said to myself what the f**k is a pud lol, now I know :slight_smile:

alder:
I do not work for TNT but have been based at leeds and the Bradford depots for agency. I tried to get on there doing class 1 but it is nearly impossible. Drivers love it there, good training and very good pay rates. The HGV class 1 drivers are trained from the HGV class 2 pool so if you can get a job there I would snap it up. Every TNT employee I have talked to love it. :smiley:

They are advertising at Bradford for class 2

PUD Driver Cat C, Days, 39Hrs Per Week, Mon - Fri
indeed.co.uk/viewjob?from=ap … c3794db9d5

Was it class 1 work you was doing or days multi drop alder?

I was class 1 mate depot to depot trailer swaps dead easy, time on your hands but I got on with a few of the lads and they rfeally like it. I used to go out with a group of bikers on a weekend and one of them has worked for TNT for 25 years, he is on £11 per hour loads of benefits and he has refused to do class one because he likes the class 2 job he has. TNT will train their class 2 lads and put you through your class 1. :wink:

I’ve got class 1 just very little experience. Was he PUD driver? The more I hear I am tempted to give it a go!

htfc1984:
I’ve got class 1 just very little experience. Was he PUD driver? The more I hear I am tempted to give it a go!

He was at the leeds depot at Gildersome spur. There is a chance to progress at TNT, they are very committed to giving their employees a career path. If I were a younger man I would be tempted to get on their class 2 to get to the class 1 jobs later. Honestly the class 1 drivers do not leave!

Just so you know FED EX have recently bought out TNT.
I used to drive there a few years back and PUD drivers are busy.

From what I’ve seen of those guys, they are kept moving. You can do maybe 30 drops in a day but they are normally in one or two areas. So like Trafford Park in Manchester, you would most likely be dropping stuff off at offices, businesses, factories etc all in that area.

kavs44:
Just so you know FED EX have recently bought out TNT.
I used to drive there a few years back and PUD drivers are busy.

Not yet they haven’t

They’ve still got to get approval from the EU and various bodies in other countries, it’s likely to go through though

ex workmate starts with them tonight as a trunker ,just over £27,000 for class1 days,he has a day position but wont start that until august hence night driving,multi drops are around 70 drops a day for around £600 a week,i know that because I asked one of the multi droppers

Well I’ve applied for the class 2 PUD driver. So will just wait and see!

htfc1984:
Well I’ve applied for the class 2 PUD driver. So will just wait and see!

Good luck with that, I had my interview and driving assessment yesterday for Maritime and have everything crossed that I get that job. :sunglasses:

Cheers, and all the best pal. I did a bit on containers for a small local firm (now ceased trading) quite enjoyed it. Only thing I didn’t like was I earned a % of what the truck earned. Getting stuck at wakey Europort for hours on end with some jumped up little ■■■■ on fork lift wouldn’t take my container off whilst he unloaded a full ■■■■■■■ train and earning ■■■■ all for a Saturday’s work kind of put me off!

htfc1984:
Cheers, and all the best pal. I did a bit on containers for a small local firm (now ceased trading) quite enjoyed it. Only thing I didn’t like was I earned a % of what the truck earned. Getting stuck at wakey Europort for hours on end with some jumped up little [zb] on fork lift wouldn’t take my container off whilst he unloaded a full [zb] train and earning [zb] all for a Saturday’s work kind of put me off!

Sounds like you were just working for a ■■■■ company there. I don’t mind sitting in the docks or railyard for a crane as long as I am getting paid. Afterall the alternatives are sitting on a boring motorway, sitting in an RDC, sitting in your truck getting tipped or flying around like a blue arsed fly trying to get deliveries out. The key is getting paid for sitting :laughing: :laughing:

I did it for a bit of experience on a weekend. The Sunday before I had to take 4 containers to a large company but our yard and their was only literally 5 mins down the road. So as they unloaded one I went and picked the other up. All in all I did about 4 hours work and got best part of £100 so I suppose it’s the rough with the smooth