TNT Thetford

I see that TNT Thetford are looking for 15 drivers. Anybody know if this is because of expansion or have they had a lot of drivers walk out?

Or because Xmas is around the corner lol

sorry but I do not think this is just build up for Christmas, must other tnt depots are only looking for 1 or 2 drivers. Thetford are looking for 15 which must be about 30-40% of its driver workforce. so I was trying to see if anybody has any info on what’s going on.

Possible cut down on the use of subbies?, seems that every TNT box I see is being pulled by outside hauliers.

Twoninety88:
Possible cut down on the use of subbies?, seems that every TNT box I see is being pulled by outside hauliers.

I think Chris Riches take care of all the TNT night trunks at Thetford, used to see them every Friday evening down the A11 on the way back home, beautiful trucks.

website

jobs-tntuk.icims.com/jobs/searc … --Thetford

Reduced price cinema tickets try spending them at Asda

djt1881:

Twoninety88:

I think Chris Riches take care of all the TNT night trunks at Thetford, used to see them every Friday evening down the A11 on the way back home, beautiful trucks.

Every night along A14.

Recruiting since the take over by Fed Ex maybe?

The TNT depot offering the jobs - isn’t offering “Full Time” contracts, just Temp work, and not very well paid compared to other “Christmas Run-up” stuff at that.

For all I know, the regular drivers are throwing sickies at this time of the year, and going moonlighting on agency - just to pay their mortgages, what with property prices out up there in the sticks being rather more expensive than they should be for local pay levels…

Dont have any info on why, but they are looking for 7 van drivers but limited info on whether its fulltime perm (likely not). Presumably the 15 drivers were class 2 as couldnt find any details on the web site?

Unless theres a lot more room round the back in the depot I doubt theres enough room to expand as it seems pretty rammed overnight.

Christmas would be my suspicion too and they dont want to pay agency fees.

djt1881:

Twoninety88:

Proper trucks [emoji39]

Thinking about it… I’ve not seen a TNT unit for quite some time!

Admittedly I don’t go out the way to look but like others I always see their trailers pulled by subbies.

Firms are going to conspire this Christmas, more than ever before to “poach drivers for low bids” with the usual intent of “laying them off come January 2nd”.

I wouldn’t touch anything less than £15ph with a bargepole - unless it comes with a cast-iron full time contract & probation period that you’d have to knuckle-sandwich gaffer - to fail that “Probation”. :bulb: