TNT PUD Driver job offer

Hello there,
I’m new on this forum.I’m a female driver. I just passed my HGV class 2 licence last month.I was looking for a job as a driver.I went to TNT website serching there and found a job offer as a PUD Class C Driver.I applayed online and had an interview, some basic maths tests and driving assesment.I have no expierience on HGV 2 but next day I had a phone call with job offer.They offer 13 weeks of term and after that permament full time position.There is also an oportunity to get a Class 1 license.I was wondering if anyone here have been work for TNT before? What is the real salary? I will be glad for any advice.I’m on change job career and that will be my first big step to driving industry.Thank you very much.

Firstly, congratulations on securing the job offer. If I were you I would contact them and establish pay rate. You may get info on here but best to get it straight from the horses mouth IMO.

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Peter thank you for posting back.They offer 10.57 p/h wich will be 412 per week,39 hours.I was wondering if anyone gets more than that.I’ve been searching on google for any opinions and they say some of the tnt drivers class 2 get about £600 per week.That’s why I was asking.It is still not bad for the first job :unamused: .I guess.I hope it will be a good company to work for.

That’s a decent hourly rate. Maybe other drivers do a few hours overtime which would increase the pay.

Just my view, but why worry about what other drivers earn? So long as you’re happy with your deal, job’s a good’un.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I echo Pete’s sentiments. Firstly that is a good hourly rate for class 2 work. Secondly, who gives a monkies what another driver earns? They are unlikely to be doing exactly the same job as you, even out of the same depot.

If you are happy, that is all that matters.

39hrs over 5 days is 7.5 hrs a day seems very low unless your doing 4 on 2 off ect,those earning £600 would be doing nearer 60hrs a week so it’s not that they are earning more as such just doing more hours as Pete said.

Congrats btw.

Congrats, don’t worry too much about the way to begin with, you need the experience just go with it.

I get about £430+ for 50 hours so thats a good deal for a first timer.

Well done on Job offer

Also i sit my class 2 test in just over a fortnight and tbh i would bite the hand of an employer for that kind of offer for first job. You have done very well imo considering what you could have ended up doing. Could have been alot worse :wink:

Thank you everyone for very helpfull comments.I accepted the offer and my start date is 7th of March :stuck_out_tongue: .I will be on training with the other driver for 4 weeks after that on my own.I’m a little scared tbh :open_mouth: I’m familliar with multidrop enviorment but not in 7.5 lorry :unamused: I can imagine it is huge differents between doing the multidrop i n a van and lorry.You neeed to be focused on your driving,route,time etc. gosh :imp:

If you can do multidrop in a van already, you are practically a veteran. Just brush on yur tachograph rules, and remember on multidrop, splitting your breaks can be very useful in keeping your card and your head straight.

Good luck.

fabora:
Thank you everyone for very helpfull comments.I accepted the offer and my start date is 7th of March :stuck_out_tongue: .I will be on training with the other driver for 4 weeks after that on my own.I’m a little scared tbh :open_mouth: I’m familliar with multidrop enviorment but not in 7.5 lorry :unamused: I can imagine it is huge differents between doing the multidrop i n a van and lorry.You neeed to be focused on your driving,route,time etc. gosh :imp:

You said class C in your OP which is 18 tonners and above, not 7.5t. Pay rate is above average for class C but I think you will find that you’re chasing your arse all day and expected to do a lot of heavy lifting, hence the rate.

Carl Usher:

fabora:

You said class C in your OP which is 18 tonners and above, not 7.5t. Pay rate is above average for class C but I think you will find that you’re chasing your arse all day and expected to do a lot of heavy lifting, hence the rate.

I had a 12 ton daf which you need a class 2 (c) licence for, and apart from some markings on the rear, it looked identical outside to our 7.5t’s. (1 extra gear and 20 extra bhp too).
Does sound like 7.5 work, in a vehicle that can carry a bit more weight, if need be.

Nice one, that sounds like a really decent opportunity to get experience and progress to class 1 as well. I think it sounds like a decent hourly rate, I wouldn’t bother about what others earn at this stage just go for it and see how the first 13 weeks go.

Thank you guys that’s really helpfull.I’m looking forward to start a new job I’ll update my first week of work :smiling_imp:

fabora:
Thank you guys that’s really helpfull.I’m looking forward to start a new job I’ll update my first week of work :smiling_imp:

please do, it is nice to know there are jobs out there for those of us thinking of training.

what area of the country are you in?

Hampshire :smiley: