TNT - Global Express, Logistics & Mail

Hi Ronnie,

Yes Ronnie i drive indeed before Frans Maas by the Dutch Post. Later i had an 50/50 job. Frans Maas /Dutch Post. Thats the way i came to TNT Post Transport. I work from Groningen. We have 4 trailers here and start at Groningen to do our work. In the night shift we do the trips Groningen - Zwolle - The Hage/Rotterdam - Zwolle - Groningen of Groningen - Zwolle - Dordrecht - Zwolle - Groningen. Also in the night Utrecht/Amsterdam. Always with post of parcels. In the day shift we go al times to Zwolle and then to other places to load post of emty containers back to the HUB’s from the post of parcels. That can be Zwolle of Amsterdam. I did came one time to TNT Express at Duiven.
In the time of Frans Maas i did came plenty times in the late 80’s to TNT - Ipec at Duiven on the other side from the hiway. The old building. Here we load for Finland express cargo.

I have stil 7 years to go. Then i be 62 1/2 year. But i dont now if it wil be by TNT Post Transport. There ar so much changings in the company that the question is how it going to end.

Back in time here two oldy’s i think you remember them.

© W. Pues, Germany

© W. Pues, Germany

Salut, Bert

Bert Wolters:
Hi Ronnie,

Back in time here to oldy’s i think you remember them.

Salut, Bert

Yes Bert i remember those 2 trucks, these trucks where from the Firm Jansen from a little town just near us.

This firm is still running for TNT and i know there drivers very well, that M.A.N was a good truck and it was driven a lot by Herman Jansen who is the son of the Owner.

The Mercedes run with different drivers and was going a lot to the UK.

It’s good to see these oldy’s.

I have 2 pictures from models trough the years wich shows the time travel this company has made. :wink:

It started with:

1. G.O.E.B = Gelders Overslag Expeditie Bedrijf

2. Gelders Spetra

3. Ipec

4. TNT-Ipec

5. TNT

We have so much more pictures from the old company on our own forum, it goes back to the very erly 60’s and 70’s i cannot show them all here, sorry.

This forum has a lot TNT drivers in it.

It contains a lot of pictures to from the Firm Remie who is a Sub for many many years already for TNT, there relationship goes back until the GOEB time.

Realy worth a visit.

You can find it HERE

Hi Ronnie,

I have been looking on the side/forum. Indeed lots of pictures of the company. Need more time to look them al. Here also an oldy. Maybe you remeber thoose.

© Hank pictures, USA

Salut, Bert

NZ JAMIE:
G’day Bert he’s one for you mate,I’ll see what else I can find. This is a Kenworth SAR,which stands for Short Australian Right hand drive. Check out the Dodge ‘High Line’ in the background.

Cheers Jamie

is that a dodge commando across the highway ■■? :confused:

In 1991 i was in Australia for holliday. Two Kenworth tractors.

Near Adelaide. © A. Wolters

Brisbane © A. Wolters

Salut, Bert

TNT U.K.

TNT Australia

Salut, Bert

That was a nice clear photo of the UK based MAN fleet 3443 there Bert. I wonder who the driver is. I miss the boys I used to work with on TNT. Some lovely people.

BB

Basilbrush:
That was a nice clear photo of the UK based MAN fleet 3443 there Bert. I wonder who the driver is. I miss the boys I used to work with on TNT. Some lovely people.

BB

Hi Basilbrush,

I dont no who the driver is. I had make the scan sam years a go when the Dutch post take over TNT in Australia. Here an other photo from TNT U.K.

Bert

A couple of TNT to keep your thread going.

JOHN

Hello John

I was driving for TNT when an X reg Merc went on the road. I only ever saw the one & if it’s the one I’m thinking of, it was new on the stand at the Bath & West show & it was driven from new by a man called Ken Baker based in Llantrisant Depot. His CB handle was Motorola & he’s one of the nicest people ever. I’d dearly love to meet Ken again as I would a lot of the drivers of my days there.

BB

TNT took over Evancrest Transport Ltd of Lancashire (I beleive that this was it’s first UK aquisition). Evancreast and then TNT used to have their ■■■■■■■■ base at H& ME Fearon’s depot at Mealsgate for many years.

TNT sold their logistics business to Apollo Management and it then became CEVA, and this year TNT has split into two seperate companies TNT Express and TNT Post.