TNT - Global Express, Logistics & Mail

hi basilbrush idont know if you know or remember my dad Stuart Deeley he was and still is a subbie for TNT around that time working out of Atherstone PDC and a driver that worked for us too Len Harris we would have been running red and white mercedes at the time .Tom Eskin ,John Hole ,Gerry Allen (wellingbrough) Mel reed(Durham)all retiered overthe last 12-18 months.harry isley (Deeside)and a few others i carnt think of thier names at the min sadly passed away.Derek warbouton ill heath(Rammy)Len Valentine, fred Tier Steve Perkins (Llantrisant) still up at the hub every night. Guppy shunts the C&Dvans in the yard now and comes upto the hub occasinaly Hornsey depot shut and moved to Enfield now but carnt remember any names onlya coloured lad Mel from Hornsey any more names you think of ill try and help you with il try and sort out a few pics of our trucks n put on here craig

dreva:
couple of my scania bert when i worked for tnt :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Dreva,

Stil working for Ceva Logistics? I work stil for TNT Post Transport 2 weeks in the nigth and one in day shift. Only now raiding from Groningen to Zwolle. Then to Dordrecht back to Zwolle and then to Groningen only with parcels. Trips about 525 km every night. Startin 06.00 pm to 06.00 am 4 night a week. Of 4 days a week.

TNT from the U.K. in the 80’s.

TNT from the Netherlands in the 80’s.

Salut, Bert

a few old and new pics this one used to do groupage around Rosendal twice a week

on uk work

will get some tnt ones to post up and some ceva for you bert :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

An other pictures from one of the U.K. and the Netherlands.

TNT Netherlands © A. Wolters, N.L.

TNT U.K.

Salut, Bert

not been there bert for 2 and a half years some of me mates still works there and me younger brother keep the pics coming mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dreva:
not been there bert for 2 and a half years some of me mates still works there and me younger brother keep the pics coming mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I wil let them comming. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Must them fist put them to Photobucket site. But i wil bring them. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Salu, Bert

CRAIG D:
hi basilbrush idont know if you know or remember my dad Stuart Deeley he was and still is a subbie for TNT around that time working out of Atherstone PDC and a driver that worked for us too Len Harris we would have been running red and white mercedes at the time .Tom Eskin ,John Hole ,Gerry Allen (wellingbrough) Mel reed(Durham)all retiered overthe last 12-18 months.harry isley (Deeside)and a few others i carnt think of thier names at the min sadly passed away.Derek warbouton ill heath(Rammy)Len Valentine, fred Tier Steve Perkins (Llantrisant) still up at the hub every night. Guppy shunts the C&Dvans in the yard now and comes upto the hub occasinaly Hornsey depot shut and moved to Enfield now but carnt remember any names onlya coloured lad Mel from Hornsey any more names you think of ill try and help you with il try and sort out a few pics of our trucks n put on here craig

Hello Craig

If you see Fred Tier, ask him if he remembers Colin from Bristol depot. I used to run nights up to Leicester depot before the Hub & Fred used to run there too. He’s one hell of a character.

Tommy Eskins & Mel Reed also used to run there too. Tomy & me were regulars running together & I’ve a lot of rspect for Tommy. They were a great bunch of people to work with & I miss them all.

I’d like the late Pete Smith to be remembered, he passed on 19 years ago this coming August & was one of the nicest people I’ll ever know. Lots of the lads there & Shirley in the canteen (if she’s stil there) will remember him.

Alan McDaid Durham
Des Bitcon Carlisle
Les Praiter Hounslow
Khan Luton
Brian Davies Wellingborough
Ken Baker Llantrisant
Bill Keel Llantrisant
Phil Dowell Llantrisant
Bob Smith Milton
Dave Fortisque Milton
Joe Worcester
Ken Worcester
Rick Weiczec Milton

If you get a chance, go into the VMU & shake John hodges hand for me. Tell him Colin from Bristol says hello.

There’s loads of them, all nice people. This is a great thread & I hope to post a couple of photos on here soon.

BB

More units of the 90’s.

U.K. Photo from the thread “Scrapbook Memmories”

Finland © A. Wolters, N.L.

Netherlands © Iep v.d. Meer, N.L.

Salut, Bert

Hello everybody,

I have drivin the Scania 380 with the lisenceplate VP-39-RV

On long hauls to and from the UK,Italy,Spain,Germany,Sweden,Norway,France and some more.

I saw that Bert Wolters has placed these pics and was wondering where hee found them?

Best Regards.

Ronnie Brinkhuis.

p.s we have a own forum where lots of TNT members are present you can find it HERE

More pics of this truck can be found there. :wink: and ofcorse othere TNT trucks

ronnie41:
Hello everybody,

I have drivin the Scania 380 with the lisenceplate VP-39-RV

On long hauls to and from the UK,Italy,Spain,Germany,Sweden,Norway,France and some more.

I saw that Bert Wolters has placed these pics and was wondering where hee found them?

Best Regards.

Ronnie Brinkhuis.

p.s we have a own forum where lots of TNT members are present you can find it HERE

More pics of this truck can be found there. :wink: and ofcorse othere TNT trucks

Hello Ronnie,

The fist photo is taken by me in the early 90’s on the A1 in Germany between Bremen and Hamburg. I believe it was rastätte Osental. The second one came from the Dutch magazine Truckstar i believe in the same time.

Regards, Bert Wolters.

Hello Bert,

It could be indeed rasthof Ostetal near Hamburg.

The other one is probably taken by Iep van der Meer who joind me on a trip to Italy in 1994 and was taken on the factory plant in Champ sut Drac in France.

Iep van der Meer still works for Truckstar Magazine in Holland as a free lancer and we did a roundtrip as i said to Italy, i still remember that trip.

We had to tip in Milan and i had to go back to Champ sur Drac ( near Grenoble in France ) for my return load wich i had to bring to Cramlington UK ( near New Castle ).
Before heading to the UK with that load i had to drop Iep van der Meer back in Holland and when we came back in the Netherlands i had a man Jumping in front of my truck at night around 3 a clock in the morning hee tried to kill himself wich not sucseed with me but the truck behind me it worked for him, and hee was dead. :cry:

Iep did wrote about that in the article in Truckstar, i will have a look if i can find that Truckstar here in my house with the whole article of that trip ( i have to ask my wife. :slight_smile: )

I still work for TNT as a driver directly and still do long hauls troughout Europe, to Italy,Spain,UK,Norway,Sweden and many more.

But that Scania was one of the finest trucks i have ever driven it still brings very good memory’s up in me.

Here’s the Daf wich we use now for our tips, the photo is taken in front of the Lillestrom ( near Oslo ) Norway Depot, december 2009

EDIT:

Here is the articel from the Dutch Truckstar Magazine regarding this trip.

Sorry that these pages are not in English but in Dutch, and for the watermark logo’s this is only to proteced my story in Truckstar

Regards.

Ronnie.

Hello Ronnie,

Good to reed your story and indeed that was the Truckstar Magazine where i take the picture from. Do you work now by TNT-ERS at Duiven of stil by an sub-contractor? I work now by TNT Post Transport at Groningen. Groningen is an standing up place. The main office from TNT Post Transport is in Hoofddorp. We drive only for the mail and parcel transport in the Netherlands. Sometimes in Belgium to Brussels and Luik airport for TNT Express. Before i workt by Frans Maas Transport at Groningen. Most of the work from Groningen to Scandinavian. Danmark, Sweden and Norway. Who no’s we had met before at Osenthal, Hollenstedt of on the ferry’s between Puttgarden - Rodby of Helsingör - Helsingborg. Stand plenty of times with TNT truck’s on the ferry’s.

More pictures from those early years of TNT.

TNT Netherlands collection: Truckstar yearbook, N.L.

TNT Finland © A. Wolters, N.L.

TNT U.K. collection: Bubbleman, U.K.

TNT bought out Evancrest Transport and once had a depot at Mealsgate ■■■■■■■

An old one here from Stanfield.

G’day Bert he’s one for you mate,I’ll see what else I can find. This is a Kenworth SAR,which stands for Short Australian Right hand drive. Check out the Dodge ‘High Line’ in the background.

Cheers Jamie

Hi Bert

yes i work for TNT in Duiven and we do round trips troughout Europe.

Did you drive for TNT when working for Frans Maas? i remember that lots of company,s from the north of holland where heading to the scandics in the early 80’s and 90’s.

But a lot of those company’s are gone now and that makes me sad, i realy think that the aggressive takeover’s from Vos transport out off the city Oss are the one to be blamed to this matter.

Do you come to Duiven sometime’s or just staying in Groningen all day long?

Come and make us a visit. :wink:

I give you a free tour trough our big Duiven depot. :smiley:

TIPIT:
An old one here from Stanfield.

Hi Tipit,

Nice old picture. Let those oldy’s come.

Salut, Bert

NZ JAMIE:
G’day Bert he’s one for you mate,I’ll see what else I can find.
Cheers Jamie

G’day Jamie,

It’s good to reed from Down Under. Yes TNT is now an world wide company. I hope you can find some old stuf about this old Australian company. Here i have some oldy’s from Australian.

Salut, Bert