Tncsi to twitter

This came up on twitter, via Surry rpu, and daily flail.
Be warned the wording is std daily mail shock tactics.
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … ssion=true

Jailed.When deportation and not allowed back into the country would have cost us less and sent the problem of his zb driving standards back to where it belongs. :unamused:

Six hours to get up to junction 22? At least he wasnt speeding.

And what is “the fast lane”?

Should have his hgv entitlement removed and be deported for driving with his hi viz on alone

Any one with a ounce of common sense would of had some tape over that camera lense

Video was on Facebook, its worse than the image grabs on the Daily Mail article make it look.

“His bosses at Graphic Packaging International in Bardon viewed footage from his cab and called in the police.” Must’ve been really bad for them to decide to do that.

Regardless of guilt hopefully everyone knows not to work for that firm ever.

I wonder if he checked the footage due to the complaints or just having nothing better to do in the office.

The way that camera is positioned is purely to ■■■■ over the driver.

biggriffin:
This came up on twitter, via Surry rpu, and daily flail.
Be warned the wording is std daily mail shock tactics.
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … ssion=true

LOL that’s fake - everyone knows these cameras are on a 10 sec. loop and only record in the event of an incident and they don’t record continuously because…wait a minute

adam277:
Regardless of guilt hopefully everyone knows not to work for that firm ever.

I wonder if he checked the footage due to the complaints or just having nothing better to do in the office.

The way that camera is positioned is purely to [zb] over the driver.

So why would that be. Is it because they had the balls to do what was right? After all, he would have known the bloody camera was there, and now you know why more and more firms are using them.

Conor:
Video was on Facebook, its worse than the image grabs on the Daily Mail article make it look.

“His bosses at Graphic Packaging International in Bardon viewed footage from his cab and called in the police.” Must’ve been really bad for them to decide to do that.

Grasses.

Proves my point that these cameras are not for our protection as the bent over and bummed brigade like to tell us, but just to screw us.

That video scared the ■■■■ out of me, dont the daily mail have a watershed

TheUncaringCowboy:

Conor:

Grasses.

Proves my point that these cameras are not for our protection as the bent over and bummed brigade like to tell us, but just to screw us.

No, they are there for the protection of other road users, the fact is no one can defend this idiot and his actions … this could of prevented an innocent motorists from dying in the future, I am sure if it was your loved one and they refused to use the video footage as evidence you would whine like no tomorrow.

Furthermore, it’s the companies truck, he could of used Bluetooth etc, the guy was a complete idiot lane 3 driving… if you think it’s acceptable then hand your licence back.

I’m guessing here, based on CCTV on the buses. We were never able to look at it unless there was a report of driving standards/complaint or an incident.

So I’m guessing a similar type of thing is in place at the employer in question. It’s highly unlikely they pay someone to sit there monitoring everything at all times.

The guy was driving like a knob, this raised complaints which prompted CCTV viewing where they found all of this.

discoman:

TheUncaringCowboy:
Grasses.

No, they are there for the protection of other road users, the fact is no one can defend this idiot and his actions … this could of prevented an innocent motorists from dying in the future, I am sure if it was your loved one and they refused to use the video footage as evidence you would whine like no tomorrow.

Furthermore, it’s the companies truck, he could of used Bluetooth etc, the guy was a complete idiot lane 3 driving… if you think it’s acceptable then hand your licence back.

Of course nobody is going to defend that prick, or think it’s acceptable ffs. :unamused:

However the dilemna is ‘‘Does the result of him getting sent down justify the methods’’

I’m confident that those amongst us who never question any arguable injustice dished out to them, who then who go on to repeat the reasons laid out for it in the corporate bull ■■■■, (or as Uncaring Cowboy so eloquently puts it …‘‘The bent over and bummed brigade’’ :laughing: .) will true to form readily agree with constant driver surveillance of an Orwellian nature, followed up with the inevitable… ‘‘If you’re doing nothing wrong,.what have you to bother about’’ line. :unamused: usually spouted by the spineless.

On the other hand those amongst us (including me) who see cameras as a gross intrusion, a ■■■■ take and an insult and affront to your professionalism would strongly disagree with them.
And just because other industries watch Joe Bloggs and his mates in a factory is irrelavent before anyone jumps in, in our job it is a one to one surveillance and monitoring. :bulb: …different ball game entirely.

Ok one idiot is taken off the road, result…but he had already been reported for dangerous driving by the ‘‘road marshalls’’ so surely this would have prompted some investigation by the Police (if any were available :unamused: ) enough to get the same result.
So surely a better option all round would be Motorway Patrol Police increased in numbers and presence, and Police in general prioritising on actual road safety issues such as this, instead of the fine and revenue being a priority, and catching a dangerous or unlawful driver as an added bonus. :bulb:

discoman:

TheUncaringCowboy:

Conor:

Grasses.

Nothing wrong with passing 2 beanos battling it out at 53 by using the 3rd lane.

His driving is terrible, deserves taking off the road. Still don’t agree with having a camera there to catch you ‘reading notes while overtaking’. :unamused: