TN Site, Speed Problems?

Is there a problem with the Trucknet-UK server ?

The site seems to be sporadically slow for the past few days, sometimes it’s fine then it will take ages to load or refresh a page.

I haven’t noticed any connection speed problems on any other site just TN.

tachograph:
I haven’t noticed any connection speed problems on any other site just TN.

I’m experiencing similar difficulties :frowning:

I hope the tech guys can twiddle something to fix it.

dieseldave:
I hope the tech guys can twiddle something to fix it.

I’m sure if your willing someone will :wink: :wink:

A you say, only very sporadic problems. This site is usually very quick in comparison to some.

I have to use a proxy server to access the forum, seems Virgin media do not like the IP address for some reason.
No problem on my tablet or phone when on the road just at home :confused:

Drift:
I have to use a proxy server to access the forum, seems Virgin media do not like the IP address for some reason.
No problem on my tablet or phone when on the road just at home :confused:

I have exactly the same trouble as you, and with the same outcome. :frowning:

Now I know it’s more people than just me, it’ll give them some impetus get something done when I get chance to speak to Virgin.

There was a problem with VM routing to the TN server before the new server was set up in the UK, but since the new server was set up I’ve had no problems until the past two or three weeks.

In fact even now when it works well it works extremely well, it’s just a bit frustrating that every now and then the server seems to go on a go-slow for a while.

If you use the site in the early hours it is when we back up the entire database- and with over 10 years of content and images that does place a strain on the server which will mean a go slow- we have also noted that one ISP has an issue with our DNS and are in conversations with them to resolve this, this is not an issue with the ISP themselves but how they route their traffic via a notorious router that consistently has issues- but apart from raising the issue it is something that we have no control over

I’m aware of the backups taking place in the early hours and so ignore any slowness if it occurs at that time of day, the problems I have seem to be sporadic and at random times of day.

are you using Virgin Media?

Rikki-UK:
are you using Virgin Media?

Yes.

In that case please see above :wink: we are talking with Virgin Media about their routing- but we don’t have a great deal of clout with them to resolve the issue- it may take a number of paying customers to highlight the problem and shout a bit loudly for them to take notice

Rikki-UK:
In that case please see above :wink: we are talking with Virgin Media about their routing- but we don’t have a great deal of clout with them to resolve the issue- it may take a number of paying customers to highlight the problem and shout a bit loudly for them to take notice

Rikki,

Thanks for looking into this issue from your end.

I’ll be giving VM a call on Friday. :wink:

I had this issue for a while but the same night I mentioned it on this thread it seems to have sorted itself out, how ever I did move the modem/router earlier that day and this necessitated that it be switched off and rebooted thus that may have supplied a new IP address that was more accepting to the server? Just a thought as I have had no issues since thankfully.

dieseldave:

Rikki-UK:

Rikki,

Thanks for looking into this issue from your end.

I’ll be giving VM a call on Friday. :wink:

I’ll also be giving VM a call before the weekend :wink:

Is it possible to tell roughly how many people are affected by this ?

Well I spoke too soon, I am back to using a proxy server to access this site via VM :frowning:

tachograph:
Is it possible to tell roughly how many people are affected by this ?

It might be possible, but I’ve no idea how to do it. :blush: :blush:

All I can say is that I’ve now got access to the TN site as normal via my own ISP and iPhone as those who dodge the auto censor or post random crap will have discovered. :grimacing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :wink:

Same here today, the last couple of weeks I have had to use a proxy server again but it loaded up fine this morning :confused:

Seems I have the problem of the site not loading on Virgin and again I have to use a proxy server, anyone else had this issue pop up again?
This has been the last two days.

Ta.

No problems here, for me on VM this site has had a couple of minor glitches today but nothing much.