TM1 form

What’s the required hours a TM has to work on a single o licence?

depends on how many vehicles are involved

8 hrs min
just answer his question hanky instead of complicating the issue :grimacing:

shuttlespanker:
depends on how many vehicles are involved

I’ve only one vehicle on my O licence.

globby 480:
8 hrs min
just answer his question hanky instead of complicating the issue :grimacing:

did he say who’s O Licence it was?

NO

did he say how man y vehicles?

NO

as shown by Harry, the hours required varies depending on how many vehicles there are involved

so, it was a perfectly reasonable question to ask before the answer was given, so DO ONE :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes its a min of 8hrs?? basically thats what he was asking in my eyes for a single o lic, i would have taken it as one truck,

he said ‘single O Licence’ that can be anything from 1 to 100 trucks or more, so, for a more accurate answer than ‘8 hrs min’ more info was needed :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with Shuttlespanker on this one, “a single O licence” could be for any number of vehicles.

However the guidance notes explain the situation.

Mixer driver, you should have received guidance notes TM1(G) with your TM1, that’s what I took the screenshot from.

Harry Monk:
I agree with Shuttlespanker on this one, “a single O licence” could be for any number of vehicles.

However the guidance notes explain the situation.

Mixer driver, you should have received guidance notes TM1(G) with your TM1, that’s what I took the screenshot from.

I might have got the guidance notes but might have left it at work.

On the form, it wants to know how many hours per day and on what day but I don’t have a set day he works, he might come Monday, Wednesday one week and then a Friday, Saturday the next.

I don’t see why it asks for specific days.

Does it really matter what days my TM works providing IMHO does the required 8 hours and does his job properly?

Not sure what days to put he works his hours when it changes from week to week. What a silly question

If your tm is on more than one licence they will ask him/her to domonstrate how his/her time is allocated. So good idea to ask tm what hours and what days. Don’t mean it cant be bone on a different day though.

bazstan009:
If your tm is on more than one licence they will ask him/her to domonstrate how his/her time is allocated. So good idea to ask tm what hours and what days. Don’t mean it cant be bone on a different day though.

Yes he has his own o licence with two trucks on it.

mixer driver:

bazstan009:

does he drive one of them full time ?

Denis F:

mixer driver:

bazstan009:

just my thoughts too Denis

Denis F:

mixer driver:

bazstan009:

He sometimes drives one.

Why?

mixer driver:

Denis F:

mixer driver:

bazstan009:

He sometimes drives one.

Why?

He will need to show the TC how many hours he works and when he has rest periods. If he’s driving or resting he cant’ use those hours to be your CPC holder

Denis F:

mixer driver:

Denis F:

mixer driver:

bazstan009:

He sometimes drives one.

Why?

He will need to show the TC how many hours he works and when he has rest periods. If he’s driving or resting he cant’ use those hours to be your CPC holder

How can a TM be on 4 licences with up to 50 trucks and find enough time to do it under the hours required?

It’s just a load of nonsense really.

mixer driver:

It’s a good idea IMO. For years there have been far too many instances of people having a TM named on their licence who they never see and who has nothing to do with the running of the haulage operation, and of freelance TMs who were in some cases theoretically in charge of literally dozens of hauliers which in reality they had no chance of doing properly even if they worked 24 hours a day. Something had to be done to stop that practice.

Paul

repton:

mixer driver:

It’s a good idea IMO. For years there have been far too many instances of people having a TM named on their licence who they never see and who has nothing to do with the running of the haulage operation, and of freelance TMs who were in some cases theoretically in charge of literally dozens of hauliers which in reality they had no chance of doing properly even if they worked 24 hours a day. Something had to be done to stop that practice.

Paul

I totally agree with it but how can one guy look after up to 50 trucks on possibly four different o licences.

My TM will do 2.5 hours Monday and Friday and the remaining 3 hours Saturday. Still don’t understand why we have to give specific days and hours on that day. Surly as long as they are doing the required eight hours then should be no problem.